Wireless Subwoofer Transmit/Receiver

MC39693

Does anyone have experience with wireless subwoofer transmitter/receivers?  The little I've read, Amphony iFinity and SVS Soundpath seem to be very well reviewed.  I can't find any dealer / individual in Canada with SVS version for sale.  The iFinity are available on Amazon.  I have a room that may require me to either run long sub cable or use a wireless pair. The subwoofer is a Velodyne DD10 (I have 2, one will be near the amp, the other likely some distance away ... e.g. 20 ft. direct line of site).  Thanks.

• Like 1

Thanks @Emile, I had ruled out the RocketFish versions given some feedback I saw.  If I have to hard wire both, they will be close together, which may be ok ... just looking for affordable options vs tearing apart the drywall!  Maybe I'll have to sell one or both and get ... hmmm a bigger single subwoofer.  There's a very nice Funk Audio 18 inch for sale near me.  I wonder if my wife would notice if 2 cabinets turn into just one (slightly larger one).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

If I have to hard wire both, they will be close together, which may be ok

Haha ... I hear you :)  

Have a different/similar problem.  Trying to add a subwoofer to my (small) stereo room ... only place possible is a "closet."  Been searching the web for days ... only good advise I really found was "try it." :D  (Have a 15" sub in my main room; so guess I'll be hauling it into this "closet" to try.)

Think the best advise is to try your subs first with temporary cables ... you may find that your "intended locations" are not the best.  Maybe you'll get lucky and find that the best location is within "hard-wiring" range. :D  After that you can decide :)  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

I wonder if my wife would notice if 2 cabinets turn into just one (slightly larger one).

Nah ... my wife does not notice these things for a couple of months :D  Then she does and it costs me designer shoes or a purse :) 

@Emile don't think of your closet as a closet ... it's a really big port for your sub!

Unfortunately, anything bigger than the DD10s for me, would likely be noticeable as the DD10s fit exactly inside of stands that I built for my Heresy.  Hence, other sub(s) would be "outside" the stands and much more visible.

• Haha 1