32 pounds of butt, summer party

jimjimbo

1 hour ago, mr clean said:

What kind of smoker? Using a rub? Pics!

My homemade Ugly Drum Smoker (UDS) and a rub I picked up in Memphis called Strawberry's, which is very good.  I would normally make my own, but I've got too much going on with the party to spend the time.  Pics will come later when I pull them off this evening.  I will be making my own famous South Carolina style BBQ sauce.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

My homemade Ugly Drum Smoker (UDS) and a rub I picked up in Memphis called Strawberry's, which is very good.  I would normally make my own, but I've got too much going on with the party to spend the time.  Pics will come later when I pull them off this evening.  I will be making my own famous South Carolina style BBQ sauce.

Vinegar based I take it?

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Strawberry's is a very good rub and I've used it for years and get it at the local Harps grocery store.  The stuff is made in Missouri about 11 miles from where my best friend was originally from.  We both keep it around as it's hard to beat for flavor and not overpriced like some are.  My wife does the repairs for a dermatology surgeon and one of their patients is apparently a "champion BBQ'er" and sent her with some of his dry rub mix that's supposed to be what they use at Whole Hog Cafe's here in Arkansas.  I thought it was ok but not really any better.  Not really a fan of Whole Hog Cafe, either.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes, have a good one and bust out some of those green beans.

BTW @jimjimbo be sure you bring plenty of bloody mary mix next year.  Mine didn't last near long enough.

Shelly has been feverishly working on spicy pickles and green beans.  Tomatoes are about a month behind due our crappy spring weather, as are my peppers.....

23 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Shelly has been feverishly working on spicy pickles and green beans.  Tomatoes are about a month behind due our crappy spring weather, as are my peppers.....

I really like it and have a friend that enjoys it as well.