32 pounds of butt, summer party

jimjimbo

so many jokes come to mind in regards to this thread title; but, i’ll refrain.

hope you have a very enjoyable time @jimjimbo Hope your neighbors appreciate your kindness.  i'll open my window and if i can’t hear you, it’s not loud enough.  so crank up the tunes and let those La Scala’s breath. well, unless you’re playing something horrible like Fleetwood Mac or Bruce Springsteen, then the only acceptable volume is zero. Some good blues guitar maybe?  if you’ve never heard of him, check out Robben Ford.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

That's similar to Emeril's Essence that I make, without the salt so I can add the amount of salt desired for the job.  There is no brown sugar in it but I add that for ribs.  The concept is to take a base blend and customize it to the need.

I agree. I don't like salt on pork more than an hour or two so, If I add rub earlier than that, I leave the salt out and salt later. Salt to early gives it kind of a ham taste I think. You do need some salt, if you want a smoke ring. 

A few pics.  Great turnout of about 45 folks total.  Beautiful weather, great food, great music from the garage Super Cornwalls and an old Def Tech sub.

32 lbs before hitting the smoker yielded approx. 24 lbs.  More than enough for the gathering.

DSC01246.JPG

DSC01248.JPG

DSC01251.JPG

DSC01254.JPG

DSC01255.JPG

DSC01256.JPG

DSC01257.JPG

• Like 7

• Moderators

Looks good, love to see neighbors do things like this, it's how it used to be. Nowadays many people don't even know there neighbors especially in city's where there closer, it's sad.

The pictures look like deja vu

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

Where are the LaScalas?  Looks like a blast!  It rained all weekend here and was close enough for the 4 letter word (S N O W) ... good grief.

The La Scalas that had been used for party duty had been sold to WillyBob, who is now enjoying them somewhere in the hinterlands of Arizona....

• Like 1

Nice to see Jim's got the "hood" sticking together as friends.  Ya don't see that much anymore.  Around here it's the "Neighborhood Watch" thingy every summer.  Hot dogs and bring a dish.  It's nice but then you're feeding all the cops and firemen too.  They drive around the town foraging for the best food they can find.  Not many out for this years "National Night Out."  Whatever works though I guess.  That's the way to do it though Jim!