NFL 2019

MC39693

Guys, the Raiders were not ABs first choice, that's for sure. I can hear the Patriots front office now. "We refuse to trade for your crazy ***, but get released from that contract and we'll work with ya". :) Mission accomplished. Drew Rosenhaus does it again. That guy is a hell of an agent working for some real pieces of work.

I don't know what to think anymore.  For decades, we don't negotiate with terrorists.  Then we obviously were.  But then oh look they did something terrorist, so now we are not negotiating anymore.  Raiders, Patriots?  The evil is obvious.  The connection?  Ethically challenged so-called leadership.  The owner is not a ***** monger... right?  Patriots fans should be running for cover, but today doubling down is the de rigueur of jack asserie.  Yeah I made that last term up.

The first MNF game was a great one. I guess 40 seconds left on the clock is too much for Brees. I am a huge Brees fan. He passed Brady, and is only 17 touchdowns behind Manning for all time. Never count him out.

Raiders looking good so far. 

OBJr was told he can't wear that 350k watch he had on yesterday during a game. 

• Like 2

Raider Rookie RB will be offensive rookie of the year. As the season goes on and he adjusts to the game, he is going to be a force to be reckoned with. Will definitely help the offense as the commentator correctly pointed out, he limited the Bronco pass rush.

Hope Connely is alright ... they probably took him to the hospital that i was born at -- it’s right down the freeway. 

9 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

The first MNF game was a great one. I guess 40 seconds left on the clock is too much for Brees. I am a huge Brees fan. He passed Brady, and is only 17 touchdowns behind Manning for all time. Never count him out.

I can't believe that Houston played the receivers so soft on the last play.:(

• Moderators
7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I can't believe that Houston played the receivers so soft on the last play.:(

It did look strange, the announcer said the same thing you did, it was like they expected them to got for a TD.

But you have to say they have some great players, starting with the quarterback, and his favorite receiver. I don't keep up with other teams and was impressed with much of the play, they should do just fine. 

The Raiders did better than I expected also. 

14 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

asst coaches should be managed -- somewhat.  not saying micromanaged; but, romeo should be carrying out o’brien’s vision. got to believe O’Brien approved.

No way.  O'Brien is running the offense and play calling.  He trusts Romeo as well he should but that was a bad call on that play.   That was situational football.  You've got to trust your coordinators.

1 hour ago, dtel said:

The Raiders did better than I expected also. 

I hope they have a good season, I like Gruden.

Even though I am somewhat of a Cleveland fan, I am glad they got beat their first game. I got tired of hearing everyone say how many games they will win, and some say they will win the SB. They needed to be brought back to earth.