NFL 2019

MC39693

Per one article, NE had not yet paid the $9M signing bonus to AB, it was due on Monday. So, he can try to get that back, but I doubt it. However the league still counts it, even if not paid, against the cap prorated over the 2 years of contract. Just glad he’s gone and hope NE concentrates on the other folks they have who are more than good enough, just need a few good O linemen! 3 starters down already. But if anyone can coach them up it’s Dante.

On 9/21/2019 at 8:46 PM, Deang said:

and I'm pretty sure the Rams are going to kick the shit out of us tomorrow night. Man, really need that defense to show up ...

What do you think now?  Your Browns absolutely went toe-to-toe with the defending Super Bowl finalist and could have and probably should have won that game.

Cleveland ANYthing?  Sorry, I'm OVER IT!  Why?  As a kid growing up I watched the Indians and the Browns!  My old little league Coach even took the team up to Cleveland for a ball game once and it was a sooo cool to go.  Over the years I found out about more about my Coach who owned a lumber company here.  He was actually Geroge Steinbrenner's roommate @ Culver Military Academy in Indiana and they'd remained good friends. 

I brought it up with Coach and told him I'd love to meet him someday if I could.  One day my phone rang and I was invited to a local bar with prolly the best food in town to meet Mr. Steinbrenner and have lunch.  Seriously?  Jimmy Olsen cub-reporter/photographer gets the call?  I met Dick (Coach) there and no one said a word about him showing up cause it was right after the Yankees won the pennant in 2000.

Then there here he was wearing a suit and sat down with us.  This guy is a baseball God period.  I already knew what I was gonna ask him so when I got my chance I did after all the family small talk.  WHY can't my Indians and Browns EVER win a championship?  He laffed HARD and said they'll never win anything because all they are worried about is $$$ and not putting together a championship team.  Ya know what?  He was absolutely right.  I didn't ask him for anything and he had tons of stuff in that stretch limo he showed up in.  The guy who owned the bar was given a signed team picture and a signed bat in return for a great Lake Erie perch dinner.  Me I got two handshakes from him, which meant more than anything to me.  Dick later asked why I didn't ask for something.  I just told him that the pleasure was truly mine and the memory of the moment would always be enough for me.  Simple.

Indians, trade a great player for one or two prospects and an "undisclosed amount of money."  OR we have someone better on our farm team.  The Browns?  Modell left and "in 10 years we'll have a great team once again Cleveland."  The Cavs???  Yea, LBJ WANTED to play in Cleveland but they sat on their $$$ and lost HOW many rings?  Finally got us one and for that I thank him BUT look what happened.

That's it sports fans.  MY Cleveland story.  I'm done.  Actually, WELL done!  No more wondering IF.  Ya wonder why I'm a Buckeye fan?  Well there ya go!  GO BUCKS!  BUT on any given day...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

^^^^^ totally agree!  Sooooo what happened to Belicheck in Cleveland?  I rest my case!  :)

When he cut Bernie Kosar people were incensed. One of the Browns hierarchy put together a film of Bernie's bad habits and convinced Belicheck to let him go because of reduced capabilities and then Bernie went to Dallas and got a super bowl ring.  That person was alleged to be a back stabber extraordinaire. Belicheck said he was two years away from a Superbowl with the Browns.

JJK

• Like 1

are you surprised that Burfict got suspended for the rest of the season?  Cowboys finally played somebody and didn’t look like this powerhouse anymore.  Pats have the easiest schedule in the history of football and still won’t play anyone for one or two more weeks (depending on how you feel about the Eagles). 

My Steelers won MNF tonight vs the hapless Bungles.  Even though they are 1-3 they are only one game out of first in the division.  Weird.

For the record they are MY Steelers because West Virginia doesn't have any pro teams.  We have to rent ours from other states.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

tom brady is NOT the GOAT with those stat padding quarterback sneaks ... plays that he’s stealing from his running back. He is now the equivalent of the NBA guy that throws the ball off the backboard to himself so he can get credit for a rebound. Three QB Keepers this game!