NFL 2019

MC39693

8 minutes ago, Pete H said:

it was all bad and stupid considering it had zero impact on the outcome of the game.  I think there was also a leg to the tender region as well. 

Still wasn't as bad at that helmet to helmet hit on the Steelers receiver earlier in the game.  That was brutal.  No one's talking about that because of Garretts shenanigans but it was much much worse.

14 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

The Raiders will pick him up.

Bill, you must have gotten your pain meds refilled, you’re just talking silly now.  Since the Raiders hail from (a few more games anyway) the land of my birth, i can attest to the first class character of all involved in that organization. Did you know that the Raiders are the only NFL team never to have committed a penalty?  It’s true ... look it up, just not in the biased NFL rulebook. 

I’ve been there ... that beautiful gray cement structure, the barbed wire, the sound of gunshots interrupting the noise of the freeway traffic. Always felt safe there ... Just passionate people cheering on the gentlemen wearing silver & black. When i was a kid, we were given green Oakland A's baseball bats there on “Bat Day.”  Imagine that ... a stadium filled with people holding baseball bats.  

I love this time of year ... you know why?  Because the Autumn Wind is a Raider.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Bill, you must have gotten your pain meds refilled, you’re just talking silly now.  Since the Raiders hail from (a few more games anyway) the land of my birth, i can attest to the first class character of all involved in that organization. Did you know that the Raiders are the only NFL team never to have committed a penalty?  It’s true ... look it up, just not in the biased NFL rulebook. 

I’ve been there ... that beautiful gray cement structure, the barbed wire, the sound of gunshots interrupting the noise of the freeway traffic. Always felt safe there ... Just passionate people cheering on the gentlemen wearing silver & black. When i was a kid, we were given green Oakland A's baseball bats there on “Bat Day.”  Imagine that ... a stadium filled with people holding baseball bats.  

I love this time of year ... you know why?  Because the Autumn Wind is a Raider.

Best post of the year.  It brings tears of joy to my eyes.  Thank you Stew, thank you very much.  Oakland Alameda County Coliseum is seeing its last days of glory.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Kap has some sort of show tomorrow for prospective teams believe it or not.

Yes, I read about that earlier in the week. Personally I don't believe he will ever play in the NFL again. This tryout is a dog and pony show imo. The NFL team owners have collectively black balled Kap. The "tryout" precludes a league lockout type scenario/image, can't play any bias cards or lawsuits going forward. They just say he isn't good enough and "quit yer crying".

And it wasn't like teams were standing in line to grab him up before anyways. His play/leadership pretty much sucked in the end.

NFL didn't waste any time at all on this one. Indefinite is good but permanent is better imo. There is NO excuse to use a helmet as a weapon. Ya lost your schiit buddy and it's inexcusable! Period! Ya couldn't take the mouth for 5 more seconds and you've embarrassed your team, city, the state of Ohio AND the NFL. GONE works for me!  Thing is he's darn good at what he does but ya just don't crack.  Those guys have a family history on you and your friends.  They trash talk the entire game.  Everyone makes mistakes and ya just have to pay for them.  TOTALLY uncalled for.

• Like 1