NFL 2019

MC39693

8 hours ago, Randyh said:

I wonder If Tom Brady owns Klipsch Speakers

He might, probably Palladiums 😀

7 hours ago, dtel said:

Well the Saints blew it, they tend to lose games there expected to win, oh well next year. 

They actually got robbed again. That last touchdown in overtime was definitely offensive interference. The receiver shoved the DB for separation.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

He might, probably Palladiums 😀

They actually got robbed again. That last touchdown in overtime was definitely offensive interference. The receiver shoved the DB for separation.

He probably has bose, if there good enough for the NFL.....

I wasn't going to say anything about the call on the last play, hate to seem to have that excuse every year, but for every team we need a more reliable officiating way of doing things. It's not bingo the NFL is a huge business. Also I think during overtime both teams should have a chance to possess the ball.

• Moderators

That's true but if a game is close enough to go into overtime but only one part of a team can play it doesn't seem balanced as far as offense defence. Just one part of the rules I never liked, I think college overtime is better.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Yeah, I was confused at the end because it looked like even though they didn't call it, their review of the scoring play would certainly result in a reversal.  The push was not flagrant, but it was clear, and it did make a difference.

14 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Yeah, I was confused at the end because it looked like even though they didn't call it, their review of the scoring play would certainly result in a reversal.  The push was not flagrant, but it was clear, and it did make a difference.

It's the play offs and they're not calling ticky tack stuff.  The players all know it.  They're letting defensive backs get physical too.  As long as they don't turn the receiver they're letting contact go.

• Like 1

But it was definitely offensive interference. The receiver held the DB away by straight-arming him. It's a shame the NFL added a new rule so this sh*t doesn't happen, but it's a constant occurrence. It has effected the Saints in two consecutive playoff appearances. I heard earlier in the year, that the coached tried 90 times to overturn a call, but it was overturned 5 times. It was so bad, most coached simply accepted that the refs won't overturn a call, and decided to not even try. Kind of sad. Maybe if the fans didn't show up in the stands, they might change their outlook.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

It's the play offs and they're not calling ticky tack stuff.

Let's just say it was a ticky tack foul that likely was a game winner.  Without that foul, the defending player might have prevented the reception.  It was very obvious, but oh well.  Lots of fouls don't get called.

19 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Lots of fouls don't get called.

Exactly.  Every uncalled foul can alter the outcome of the game.  There's offensive holding on virtually every play as well.  The ones at the end of the game get all the attention though.

They could, by the letter of the rules throw a flag for something on every play that's run, but let's hope it never comes to that or that we don't keep reviewing everything as it slows the game down way too much and has everyone bittchin about something.  It's why I never watch a game live and let the recording get ahead enough so I don't have to waste all that time watching a 60 minute game.