NFL 2019

MC39693

14 minutes ago, Pats3of4 said:

The Chiefs only made it due to TB12’s elbow.  Edelman’s torn rib cartilage, Gordon’s demons.  

Make no mistake, NE Patriots will be back next year.  I suffered through the 90’s.  The Dynasty lives!

BTW- the NFL season officially ended with an upset by the Titans

} Wow. They pour the Kool-Aid north to Maine, huh. You might want to cool your jets until this season plays out and the off season run of “Patriot Playhouse” begins —

• Haha 1

I loved Gronk, but in all seriousness, he was not the same last year.  He dropped weight, lacked burst.  Still a very good player but not the same Gronk.

Sony Michel also doesn’t look like a stud RB.  He didn’t hit the hole til the last few games but their line.

If Antonio Brown had played out....

On 1/20/2020 at 5:17 AM, willland said:

Possible but here is an important fact. 

Of the 4 games the Chiefs lost this season, the points difference was never more than 7.

Bill

Week Date Opponent Result Record Venue NFL.com
recap
1 September 8 at Jacksonville Jaguars W 40–26 1–0 TIAA Bank Field Recap
2 September 15 at Oakland Raiders W 28–10 2–0 RingCentral Coliseum Recap
3 September 22 Baltimore Ravens W 33–28 3–0 Arrowhead Stadium Recap
4 September 29 at Detroit Lions W 34–30 4–0 Ford Field Recap
5 October 6 Indianapolis Colts L 13–19 4–1 Arrowhead Stadium Recap
6 October 13 Houston Texans L 24–31 4–2 Arrowhead Stadium Recap
7 October 17 at Denver Broncos W 30–6 5–2 Empower Field at Mile High Recap
8 October 27 Green Bay Packers L 24–31 5–3 Arrowhead Stadium Recap
9 November 3 Minnesota Vikings W 26–23 6–3 Arrowhead Stadium Recap
10 November 10 at Tennessee Titans L 32–35 6–4 Nissan Stadium Recap
11 November 18 at Los Angeles Chargers W 24–17 7–4 Mexico Estadio Azteca (Mexico City) Recap
12 Bye
13 December 1 Oakland Raiders W 40–9 8–4 Arrowhead Stadium Recap
14 December 8 at New England Patriots W 23–16 9–4 Gillette Stadium Recap
15 December 15 Denver Broncos W 23–3 10–4 Arrowhead Stadium Recap
16 December 22 at Chicago Bears W 26–3 11–4 Soldier Field Recap
17 December 29 Los Angeles Chargers W 31–21 12–4 Arrowhead Stadium

Recap

the total differential for the niners three losses was 13 points. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Jimmy G will have to pass for more than 100 yards if he's going to be the MVP.  Jest sayin'.  😎

This is a tough matchup to call.  I'm going to go with the better quarterback and pick KC for the win.

When has had to pass he has and will. But why bother than you can run the ball the way that the niners have. So yes the KC QB is Great. But don’t underestimate Jimmy G. Also note that the niners have the best pass defense in the league and close to the best running game. KC has the worst pass defense and a suspect run defense. If the KC somehow contains the sf running game Jimmy G can make up for that. See the two games versus the cardinals. Cardinals have a solid run defense and were able to limit the niners run game ( our two all pro lineman were out) . So what did jimmy do averaged 370 yards in the two wins. See also him out dueling Drew B in the Dome. Not many have done that! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After seeing how the Texans had and lost a 24-0 lead against the Chiefs in record time, how the Ravens got wholloped and how SF rolled over GB, all I can say is anything goes.  There's no point in arguing which time has the most talent.  Either team can come out and give an awesome performance or a rotten one at any time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

After seeing how the Texans had and lost a 24-0 lead against the Chiefs in record time, how the Ravens got wholloped and how SF rolled over GB, all I can say is anything goes.  There's no point in arguing which time has the most talent.  Either team can come out and give an awesome performance or a rotten one at any time.

I think a great deal of that is in the game plan and also like Clint Eastwood says, "You have to know how to improvise".

6 hours ago, Pats3of4 said:

I loved Gronk, but in all seriousness, he was not the same last year.  He dropped weight, lacked burst.  Still a very good player but not the same Gronk.

Sony Michel also doesn’t look like a stud RB.  He didn’t hit the hole til the last few games but their line.

If Antonio Brown had played out....

Yea, and maybe if Robert Kraft had paid more attention to the team rather than his girlfriends in the massage parlor....

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Yea, and maybe if Robert Kraft had paid more attention to the team rather than his girlfriends in the massage parlor....

It's good that the owners stay out of it and let the football people handle things. Bring on the broads.

JJK

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, willland said:

Good point/s.:P

Bill

One thing it true however - they ( like pretty much every team) have had issues with the “new” breed of extremely mobile QBs. Their pass rush can really frustrate a classic drop back passer but a running and improviser can be problematic. It will be a tough game because of KC’s QB but I do think they will prevail. 

20 minutes ago, Randyh said:

c'mon , take a side ---don't be shy , Mahomes earns about 6-7 milllion per year ,   Garoppolo  27.5 million  --------who of the 2 do you think is going to win  SB54

Maybe the guy who wants a pay raise from 6-7 million to 27.5 million.  

Seriously, I haven't followed enough to know all the "who's who" to try to call the Superbowl.  I'm not rooting for anyone particular and am glad to see some new competitors for a change.  I will say that I am thinking that Kelce is to Mahomes as Gronk was to Brady.  The chemistry looks very similar.

• Like 1