NFL 2019

MC39693

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

I see you took the bait. Been in the KC area many, many times, and agree. I just wish we had a way for you to contribute to our state taxes. 

Congrats on the win! We used to have a team.

} I’m proud to say, yes I did. I don’t mind being the (b)*** at times - hook, line and sinker.

Taxes? Talk to me about Taxes? I’m at a tick under 10% sales tax in the Great State of Kansas. And you may recall years ago, as folks fled KCMO for the burgeoning suburbs of Johnson County, and their top rated schools at the time, KCMO implemented the “excise tax” on folks earning money working across the state line while living in Kansas. Gawd, that use to pisss off my dad — 

2 hours ago, richieb said:

} I’m proud to say, yes I did. I don’t mind being the (b)*** at times - hook, line and sinker.

Taxes? Talk to me about Taxes? I’m at a tick under 10% sales tax in the Great State of Kansas. And you may recall years ago, as folks fled KCMO for the burgeoning suburbs of Johnson County, and their top rated schools at the time, KCMO implemented the “excise tax” on folks earning money working across the state line while living in Kansas. Gawd, that use to pisss off my dad — 

Stealing from the Rich to give to the poor was never popular amongst the rich. 

1 hour ago, MC39693 said:

Not really a Chiefs fan but Mahomes  is on another level, good on Andy Reid to recognize the talent. I hope he doesn’t get hurt running around. 

Mahomes is great, and I won't take that away from him.  But last night, he wasn't all that great.  He made 2 long passes for good gains because the defenders got juked and the receivers were in wide openville.  The 2nd to last touchdown to give them the lead was helped tremendously by pass interference on San Fran.  

All in all, it was a great game.  Kelce had an underpar night, too.  

2 hours ago, Randyh said:

On July 20, 2017, the Chiefs signed Mahomes to a fully guaranteed four-year, $16.42 million contract that includes a signing bonus of $10.08 million.-

Man, just think of the hurt from seeing how much tax comes right off the top in the first year!  His tax in 1 year is more than I'll make in a lifetime.

2 hours ago, Randyh said:

15%   sales tax  - in Quebec -Canada   - 9.975% federal tax - provincial tax  5%    ,  compounded ,  

That doesn't sound too bad actually.

In Texas, where there is no state income tax, we still have

1. federal income tax which probably have a lot of working people paying 15 - 20%,
  2. sales tax of 8.25%, self-employment tax (SS and FICA) at 15.3%,
  3. property tax at about 2-3% per $100k in value (depending on where you live)

The difference here vs. Quebec is none of this covers medical, except after you're 65.

1 minute ago, Randyh said:

dont forget - CAN $ - is ,75$ USD -------as we speak

Taxes are a percentage, so the exchange rate has no bearing on the comparison.

By the way, what is your yearly health care deductible and out of pocket maximum?  Wait 'til you hear what a truly crappy policy costs us over here in addition to our taxes!

@Jeff Matthews I agree, I did not think Mahomes had a great game. Not sure anyone had a stand out game actually. And I think the TD attempt by Niners on 3rd and ten with about 2 1/2 min to go was a big mistake. That and doing nothing at end of first half when they had 3 timeouts, that was too conservative for a Super bowl. Poorly coached game by the Niners.

6 hours ago, Randyh said:

here is mahomes reported salary

People also ask

What is Mahomes salary?
On July 20, 2017, the Chiefs signed Mahomes to a fully guaranteed four-year, $16.42 million contract that includes a signing bonus of $10.08 million.-

But you wrote Garoppolo earns twice what Brady earns, and that is not even close to the truth. Proof in the links from spotrac i posted earlier. 

Garopolo earns 27.5 million per year, signed a 5 year contract @ $137,500,000 total.

Tom Brady signed a 1 year contract for 2019 for $23,000,000.

See the pic below to refresh your memory. Hey its no big deal, accuracy just isn't your thing.

Randyh comment.jpg