NFL 2019

MC39693

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Best fans ever.

i resemble that remark.  

That’s the way it is there ... we love you, but we’ll still tell you when you suck. HBO had a documentary about the 70s Raiders and A’s.  They interviewed this guy in a biker bar. He talked about the tailgate parties before the game. He said, “We’d pass a bottle of whisky around ... and then when it was empty, we’d throw it at somebody.”  Love that I was born there. 

5 hours ago, polizzio said:

Gardner Minshew said he's never seen more middle fingers in his life! By praising the Black Hole fans and saying they always have so much fun. Then admitting it was special to give them the loss on their last 'home' game. The mustache lives.

• Like 1

Well, the NFL officially apologized to the Raiders today for the officials wrongly calling a delay of game penalty in the last few minutes. Not that they deserved to win that game, but that blown call cost them the game. JAX only had one time out left and Raiders with the first down, could have run out the clock easily. 

So,  uncle rico didn’t have as much to do with that loss as the refs did. 

Sad, but funny story that i read. this guy and his wife said they got up at 3:30 am, got to the coliseum at 5:00 for the tailgate. Then he gets an email from some ticket service place ... turns out that two months prior, he had put that days tickets up for sale ... they sold that morning.  I’ll bet his wife still ain’t talking to him. 

I watched a game recently where the running back had long dreads out the back of his helmet.  He was tackled by a guy who grabbed them and tackled him by the hair.  He didn't complain or act like it hurt.  It reminded me of the days in college and below of the "tear away" jerseys and I thought, you know, tear away dreads or other hair would be hilarious.  Go ahead and grab'em  while the runner scores a td and the defenseman is left with a handful of hair.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I watched a game recently where the running back had long dreads out the back of his helmet.  He was tackled by a guy who grabbed them and tackled him by the hair.  He didn't complain or act like it hurt.  It reminded me of the days in college and below of the "tear away" jerseys and I thought, you know, tear away dreads or other hair would be hilarious.  Go ahead and grab'em  while the runner scores a td and the defenseman is left with a handful of hair.  

Gives new meaning to bob and weave.

• 2 weeks later...