NFL 2019

MC39693

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, no NFL talk for ten days.  Nobody cares.  😭

+++

I just wanted to comment that the Jets are not doing as well with the Patriots on MNF as some had predicted.  With the Pats winning 24-zip with 6 min left in the first half, this one's over.

• 4 weeks later...

Garrett should be suspended for the remainder of the season.  Glad Rudolph seemed to be OK but there's no excuse for what he did.  I thought Bakers interview after the game was thoughtful and honest.  I wonder what that locker room was like after the game.  

• Like 2

You can see that Rudolph started it by trying to pull Garrett's helmet off while they were on the ground.  That's not an excuse for what he did though.  He'll be gone the rest of the year as this is his 3'd incident this year that's been run up the NFL disciplinary ladder.

• Like 1

Reminds me of a somewhat famous line....."There was a fight last night, and a football game broke out"......

I think it's funny that within the battles between the offensive and defensive lines there is punching, spitting, biting, kicking, gouging, etc....and no one ever complains about that......

9 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You can see that Rudolph started it by trying to pull Garrett's helmet off while they were on the ground.  That's not an excuse for what he did though.  He'll be gone the rest of the year as this is his 3'd incident this year that's been run up the NFL disciplinary ladder.

And it's going to be very expensive for Garrett. If he gets a 3 month suspension it will cost him 1.8 million dollars. Gonna be the largest fine in NFL history. And he could get more than 3 months, it was such an egregious act. Never seen anything like it in the NFL before. His "I lost my cool" is going to cost him dearly. His two previous 2019 fines have already cost him $52k.

Here is a very interesting depiction of NFL fines/suspensions for 2019. Burfict's 2019 suspension has cost him > than 1 million dollars of earnings. Garrett will soon be the GOAT of NFL fines I predict. For a while at least.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/fines-suspensions/

Vontaze Burfict is no stranger to suspensions and NFL fines: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/vontaze-burfict-10100/fines/

After watching it over and over, I'm not sure that Rudolph doesn't deserve a fine and at least a game suspension as well.  Agreed, under any circumstances there's no justification for what happened, but had Garrett not done what he had done and the focus was on what Rudolph was doing up until that point, he would have been the one in trouble from what I've seen on the film.  It's all bad for football and they have to set precedent across the board.

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

he would have been the one in trouble from what I've seen on the film.

After rewatching, Rudolph was retaliating from when Garrett tackled him well after the ball was thrown. 

So late hit, QB is pissed and tugs Garretts helmet then Garrett gets mad at that and pulls qb helmet off.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

After rewatching, Rudolph was retaliating from when Garrett tackled him well after the ball was thrown. 

So late hit, QB is pissed and tugs Garretts helmet then Garrett gets mad at that and pulls qb helmet off.

it was all bad and stupid considering it had zero impact on the outcome of the game.  I think there was also a leg to the tender region as well.