NFL 2019

MC39693

31 minutes ago, polizzio said:

And it wasn't like teams were standing in line to grab him up before anyways.

exactly -- people forget that.  One of his former teammates recently compared him to Lamar Jackson.  That’s laughable.  Kap is a 32 year old that hasn’t played in what ... three years, and who had previously lost his job to Blaine Gabbart ( a not very good QB), was never in MVP discussions, and actually never even made a Pro Bowl.  i think i see the resemblance.

steve young (my favorite QB of all time) said yesterday that, in the workout, of course he’ll look strong and fast and throw the football.  Not putting words in Mr. Young’s mouth; but i sensed him implying “so what.  that’s not going to show anyone that he can see the field, read the defense and make good decisions. 

Probably every QB bust in history looked decent in a workout where they are controlling the show. Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Jim Druckenmiller, Akili Smith, et al ... those guys were drafted for a reason.

I agree with @USNRET this is a PR stunt and i can’t see any team signing him unless they are going to pull a PR stunt themselves. Oh yeah, didn’t Kap demand in excess of $20 million to sign with the defunct Alliance of American Football league?  Even if an NFL team signed him, no way they give him anywhere near that amount. I say a week after this workout, more people will be talking about Burger King's Impossible Whopper.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, polizzio said:

Who would want the dog and pony show that hiring him would bring?

Making throws with no defense to read or guys bearing down on him means very little.

He has other things going against him also.  For starters he was a back up quality quarterback when he left the league.  He's also wanting to join a team so late in the year that he'd barely get the play book down before the end of the season.  I wouldn't give up a roster spot for him.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The entire NFL IS a dog and pony show.  No different

42 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Making throws with no defense to read or guys bearing down on him means very little.

And this is exactly what transpires during the NFL combine, and the supposed "Pro days" that some of the players set up.  No different

There are a lot of teams that at least need a backup, and some that need a better starter than what they currently have.  Redskins, Jets, Steelers, etc, etc, etc.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

He has other things going against him also.  For starters he was a back up quality quarterback when he left the league.  He's also wanting to join a team so late in the year that he'd barely get the play book down before the end of the season.  I wouldn't give up a roster spot for him.

Agreed. And after reading much on the net he wasn't really interested in a job imo, he wanted a platform in the media to promote his agenda. Lets break it down: who agrees to a tryout (job interview) days in advance, agrees to a location and time, 20+ NFL scouts flying in, then cancels or re-locates the location 30 minutes prior because the NFL won't agree to have the tryout wide open to the media? And his last minute relocated location was 50 miles from the agreed upon location. Pretty bizarre behavior for a guy seriously looking for a job.

Kap is done in the NFL. If he had any shot at all yesterday, his last minute bizarre demands and choices permanently sealed his fate.

The show is over concerning Kapernik and the NFL.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

He can do whatever he wants.  He doesn't have to follow orders from the corrupt NFL Commissioners office.  If he wants the media to attend, more power to him.

} Much like Memphis basketball initially did with the corrupt NCAA commissioners office - a thumb of the nose. NCAA officials are the nothing more than the college level version of the NFL — 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

He can do whatever he wants.  He doesn't have to follow orders from the corrupt NFL Commissioners office.  If he wants the media to attend, more power to him.

I agree with all of the above.  He can do whatever he wants however when I interview a new hire I do it under my terms.  If a prospective employee wants to dictate his own interview terms then there's no way in hell I'd hire him.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Getting to the serious football now.  In the past, I've picked 2 NFC and 2 AFC teams, put $10 on each to win the SB, before START of training camp.  3 times out of 8, I've had both sides.  This year I took a break.  Too hard to tell at the outset.  I sure didn't see the Ravens coming on, nor did I think the 9er's would be that good.  But we'll sort out the real teams soon.  I fear my Patriots are going to disappoint down the stretch, too many injuries, too little GOAT this year and back to back SB wins are very hard to do.  I'm still cheering them on, only hope is massive snow fall in NE during the playoff games.

5 hours ago, MC39693 said:

I fear my Patriots are going to disappoint

may be a rough weekend for them.  i saw on tv that the kicker had an appendicitis and four other players aren’t practicing because of flu-like symptoms. One player said coach told them to stay germ-free.  if the flu is making it’s rounds in the locker room, they could very well have a lot of sick guys.