First HT Setup - Need Advice

Jwebb27

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums and new to home theaters as well. After browsing around the forums for the last few weeks as a guest, I decided to make an account and reach out for some advice.

So here we go. We just moved into our new home a few weeks ago, and one of the first things I told the wife, was that I wanted to build a nice HT in our finished basement (Photos below - Sorry for the mess, just moving in). The space measures roughly 13' from TV mount to back wall behind couch, and 13' from bookshelf to edge of main wall. However, as you can see in the left wall photo, the width of the room is much larger at around 26'.

I haven't purchased the TV yet, but I'm considering a 65" or 75" Samsung QLED Q80.  I have about $2,500 - 3,000 that I can spend on the receiver and speakers, but I need some help. Unfortunately, we only have a Best Buy near us, and the help I've received in this area has been underwhelming to say the least. I would like to build a 5.1 or 5.2 setup, that I can upgrade to ATMOS later. From what I've gathered from other posts on the forums, it would be best to piece this together slowly, with quality components, and I'm totally ok with working towards my end goal. Previously, we've only had a soundbar and generic sub, so this will be a huge upgrade no matter what.

I would say the breakdown for usage would be 70% TV / Movies, 20% Gaming, 10% Music. We would like the ability to stream pandora, spotify, napster etc.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Main Wall.jpg

Right Wall.jpg

Left Wall.jpg

Edited by Jwebb27

Hi there! 

This is going to be a long one, my apologies in advance.

Slow-building your system is a very smart move. Better to use smaller amounts of money across a longer period than one one large sum all at once haha. Since you're aiming for a 5.2 system, my recommended order of purchases would be as follows: TV, blu-ray player/gaming console, AVR and cables, front speakers, center speaker swiftly after the fronts and in the end your surrounds. Since you've already picked out your TV, choosing a blu-ray player/gaming console will be easier. There is no point buying a TV that can't handle all your player's features and there is no point in buying a player that might support features your TV can't. Buying a player that can do everything that your TV can handle is perfect and might save you from buying something more expensive with features your system can't handle. Speaker cables should be made of at least 99.9% oxygen free copper. Only step up would be silver, but thats only for people with money to spare and the need to bedazzle. To the human ear, there is no difference in sound between using copper or silver. In addition, the awg/girth of your cables can be determined from guides online saying that the awg you need depends on the length of the cable and what the speaker's ohm is. In much simpler terms, you need not go smaller than 16 or bigger than 12. (Yes, the smaller number awg, the bigger the girth is).      

Now, since your only previous experience was a soundbar system, you are in the most amazing position where you get to experience different components and hopefully find what sounds the best to you. And yes, I get that this is the Klipsch forum, but klipsch might not be the one for you. The first thing I would have done is to get out and try different speaker- and receiver brands. Since you mentioned best buy, im guessing its through them you will mainly acquire your system from. However, look out for sales. I don't live in the US or Canada, but im given to understand you get some great deals over at your end of the ballpark. The Great news about best buy though, they have a good amount of mainstream brands in the HT market. Don't know if its possible at best buy, but try to get a demo of any speakers you might be interested in. Its important to try a speaker before you buy, but you also have to remember that it will sound differently in your home than what you might experience at best buy. Also remember that different avr/amps will make the same speaker sound differently, not by much, but noticeably yes. 

Looking at your purposes for your system, I see you included music. Now, for me, that excludes any and all Denon products. They're one of the best for HT, but most would not pick a Denon for music. Thats kinda where Marantz comes in. They are a bit more pricy, but are thought of as a good blend of HT and music. Just as a rule, don't get an Onkyo. I myself love Onkyo. My speakers have never sounded better with any other avr brand, but the HDMI ports on Onkyo receivers are not consistent at all. You're basically playing 50/50 when buying and Onkyo avr these days. Yamaha is great, but haven't exactly got the best room correction software. Obviously, you should get to accumulate your own opinions of these brands, but this was just some common opinions of the overall market on some mainstream brands. All of these modern receivers do support all/most of the streaming services you mentioned. When buying a receiver, you really shouldn't buy the newest version. I myself have a marantz and there was recently launched a new model. I looked at the differences and there was about 4 differences in total that would not in any way improve my experience with the new version of the receiver. Many, including I, will recommend you look at the previous models that will have the same functions and abilities. Maybe even some refurbished ones as well. 

After you've settled on a system, there is much more to know about how to place your speakers depending on if they're rear/front ported, how to sonically improve your room, if using spikes on your speakers is something you need, how big your subs need to be which depends on your room's total volume, how to mount bookshelf speaker if you get a pair of them, how to setup your avr, if you should do room correction manually or through the software, just to name a few haha... These topics and others such as them, I think would be a better fit for one of your upcoming posts.

Good luck with your system. 

and please say hi to the cat from all of us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2019 at 7:56 PM, HenrikTJ said:

Hi there! 

This is going to be a long one, my apologies in advance.

Slow-building your system is a very smart move. Better to use smaller amounts of money across a longer period than one one large sum all at once haha. Since you're aiming for a 5.2 system, my recommended order of purchases would be as follows: TV, blu-ray player/gaming console, AVR and cables, front speakers, center speaker swiftly after the fronts and in the end your surrounds. Since you've already picked out your TV, choosing a blu-ray player/gaming console will be easier. There is no point buying a TV that can't handle all your player's features and there is no point in buying a player that might support features your TV can't. Buying a player that can do everything that your TV can handle is perfect and might save you from buying something more expensive with features your system can't handle. Speaker cables should be made of at least 99.9% oxygen free copper. Only step up would be silver, but thats only for people with money to spare and the need to bedazzle. To the human ear, there is no difference in sound between using copper or silver. In addition, the awg/girth of your cables can be determined from guides online saying that the awg you need depends on the length of the cable and what the speaker's ohm is. In much simpler terms, you need not go smaller than 16 or bigger than 12. (Yes, the smaller number awg, the bigger the girth is).      

Now, since your only previous experience was a soundbar system, you are in the most amazing position where you get to experience different components and hopefully find what sounds the best to you. And yes, I get that this is the Klipsch forum, but klipsch might not be the one for you. The first thing I would have done is to get out and try different speaker- and receiver brands. Since you mentioned best buy, im guessing its through them you will mainly acquire your system from. However, look out for sales. I don't live in the US or Canada, but im given to understand you get some great deals over at your end of the ballpark. The Great news about best buy though, they have a good amount of mainstream brands in the HT market. Don't know if its possible at best buy, but try to get a demo of any speakers you might be interested in. Its important to try a speaker before you buy, but you also have to remember that it will sound differently in your home than what you might experience at best buy. Also remember that different avr/amps will make the same speaker sound differently, not by much, but noticeably yes. 

Looking at your purposes for your system, I see you included music. Now, for me, that excludes any and all Denon products. They're one of the best for HT, but most would not pick a Denon for music. Thats kinda where Marantz comes in. They are a bit more pricy, but are thought of as a good blend of HT and music. Just as a rule, don't get an Onkyo. I myself love Onkyo. My speakers have never sounded better with any other avr brand, but the HDMI ports on Onkyo receivers are not consistent at all. You're basically playing 50/50 when buying and Onkyo avr these days. Yamaha is great, but haven't exactly got the best room correction software. Obviously, you should get to accumulate your own opinions of these brands, but this was just some common opinions of the overall market on some mainstream brands. All of these modern receivers do support all/most of the streaming services you mentioned. When buying a receiver, you really shouldn't buy the newest version. I myself have a marantz and there was recently launched a new model. I looked at the differences and there was about 4 differences in total that would not in any way improve my experience with the new version of the receiver. Many, including I, will recommend you look at the previous models that will have the same functions and abilities. Maybe even some refurbished ones as well. 

After you've settled on a system, there is much more to know about how to place your speakers depending on if they're rear/front ported, how to sonically improve your room, if using spikes on your speakers is something you need, how big your subs need to be which depends on your room's total volume, how to mount bookshelf speaker if you get a pair of them, how to setup your avr, if you should do room correction manually or through the software, just to name a few haha... These topics and others such as them, I think would be a better fit for one of your upcoming posts.

Good luck with your system. 

and please say hi to the cat from all of us.

Thank you for providing a long and thorough response!

I feel as though I'm on the right track as far as order of purchases goes. I already own a PS4 Pro and Sony UBPX700 blu-ray player. I took your advice and visited Best Buy and another local entertainment store that I wasn't previously aware of, and listened to various AVR and speaker configurations. I resisted the urge to start purchasing things right then and there, as I wanted to come home and continue my research. Here's where the listening and experience and research has led me.

Marantz SR5013 7.2 Channel AVR

Klipsch RP8000f

Klipsch RP404C

Above would be my initial setup. It aligns well with my current budget and should give me a solid setup until I'm ready to purchase sub(s) and rear surrounds, which were hard to get a feel for in either of the stores I visited. Perhaps I will look around for those with similar setups to this and see what they used, liked and or disliked and go from there.

Does this seem like a solid approach? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jwebb27 said:

Thank you for providing a long and thorough response!

I feel as though I'm on the right track as far as order of purchases goes. I already own a PS4 Pro and Sony UBPX700 blu-ray player. I took your advice and visited Best Buy and another local entertainment store that I wasn't previously aware of, and listened to various AVR and speaker configurations. I resisted the urge to start purchasing things right then and there, as I wanted to come home and continue my research. Here's where the listening and experience and research has led me.

Marantz SR5013 7.2 Channel AVR

Klipsch RP8000f

Klipsch RP404C

Above would be my initial setup. It aligns well with my current budget and should give me a solid setup until I'm ready to purchase sub(s) and rear surrounds, which were hard to get a feel for in either of the stores I visited. Perhaps I will look around for those with similar setups to this and see what they used, liked and or disliked and go from there.

Does this seem like a solid approach? 

Seems solid to me yes. Especially seeing as I basically have the same setup you're going for haha. On my page you can see my whole system. Same receiver, but contrary to you, I have the old RP speakers equivalent in size to the ones you mentioned. 

@Jwebb27 Sounds like you're well on your way to an EPIC home theater setup. The only area I'd recommend giving some more thought to is the AVR. The Marantz SR5013 7.2 is capable of powering a Dolby Atmos system up to 5.1.2 from what I can tell, which would certainly satisfy the requirements you laid out in your original post. However, if it were me, I'd take a look at how much more it would cost to get a 9.2 channel Marantz so that you can later expand to 5.2.4 or 7.2.2 Atmos/DTS-X, or even better, one that has 11 channels of processing and 9 powered channels so you can expand to 7.2.4 if you add an additional 2 channel power Amp, without having to replace your receiver. To be clear though, I'm not suggesting you buy more channels than you will actually ever use, but just try and establish where your upper limits will eventually be so that you don't end up having to spend more money replacing a relatively new AVR later.

In my case, I got a good deal on the Yamaha RX-A2070 which is perfect for my 7.2.2 Atmos system, and more than enough for my size room (4.8m x 4.7m x 3.2m), however if I ever wanted to upgrade to a full 7.2.4 Atmos system, I'd have to replace my receiver with the A3070 or A3080 to get those additional 2 channels of processing. 

I am very happy with my system as it currently stands, and don't think I need the extra two channels in this room, but you know how it is with these things... we always like to have the option of improving things whenever finances allow, and I can't help wondering what it might be like with 4 overhead Atmos speakers... 🙂 So all I'm saying is just think about this now and make sure that you are getting the receiver that will keep you happy for at least the next few years. Atmos and DTS-X have been an incredibly rewarding investment for me, and are well worth striving towards in my opinion. 

BTW: Excellent choice in speakers! They reviewed very well on Audioholics recently:

https://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/klipsch-rp-8000f

Enjoy building your new theater...

Brendon

• Thanks 1

@inMotionGraphics You certainly bring up a valid point!  I've been so wrapped up in researching my initial purchases, that I hadn't really considered the "what if" scenarios down the road. Unless I relocate my HT, I can say with almost 100% certainty that I won't be upgrading to a 7.2.2 setup. However, I don't want to rule out the possibility of a 5.2.4!

Accessories4less offers a refurbished Marantz 6013 9.2 Channel AVR for about the same as what I would pay for the 5013 model brand new. Typically I wouldn't consider this, but given that quite a few members of this community have had positive experiences with them, and actually recommend going that route, I may have to give it some serious consideration to going the refurbished route.

Another thing I had considered, was having a professional do the installation to ensure I wasn't leaving "performance" on the table. But after giving it some thought, I want to tackle this project myself, and learn from my mistakes throughout the process. After all, trying new things and tinkering is half the fun! 

Thanks for the advice!

Josh

• Moderators

Welcome, first I would think another cat on a stand on the other side would even things out, sorry couldn't help it. Cool looking room

You can do the install yourself, just ask as many questions as needed, there are many people here with plenty of experience who would be willing to help. 

31 minutes ago, dtel said:

Welcome, first I would think another cat on a stand on the other side would even things out, sorry couldn't help it. Cool looking room

You can do the install yourself, just ask as many questions as needed, there are many people here with plenty of experience who would be willing to help. 

I'll have to take another photo...there's actually another cat and identical stand. All joking aside, I'm actually worried about them damaging my speakers, as they aren't declawed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jwebb27 said:

I'll have to take another photo...there's actually another cat and identical stand. All joking aside, I'm actually worried about them damaging my speakers, as they aren't declawed.

Excellent speaker choice. I’ve got the older version and they are great speakers, in an almost reasonable size. My wife doesn’t even notice them now.  We’ve got three cats, none declawed ( because that’s awful) they’ve never bothered a speaker, not once. They’ve torn up other things just, not speakers. 

14 hours ago, inMotionGraphics said:

@Jwebb27 Sounds like you're well on your way to an EPIC home theater setup. The only area I'd recommend giving some more thought to is the AVR. The Marantz SR5013 7.2 is capable of powering a Dolby Atmos system up to 5.1.2 from what I can tell, which would certainly satisfy the requirements you laid out in your original post. However, if it were me, I'd take a look at how much more it would cost to get a 9.2 channel Marantz so that you can later expand to 5.2.4 or 7.2.2 Atmos/DTS-X, or even better, one that has 11 channels of processing and 9 powered channels so you can expand to 7.2.4 if you add an additional 2 channel power Amp, without having to replace your receiver. To be clear though, I'm not suggesting you buy more channels than you will actually ever use, but just try and establish where your upper limits will eventually be so that you don't end up having to spend more money replacing a relatively new AVR later.

In my case, I got a good deal on the Yamaha RX-A2070 which is perfect for my 7.2.2 Atmos system, and more than enough for my size room (4.8m x 4.7m x 3.2m), however if I ever wanted to upgrade to a full 7.2.4 Atmos system, I'd have to replace my receiver with the A3070 or A3080 to get those additional 2 channels of processing. 

I am very happy with my system as it currently stands, and don't think I need the extra two channels in this room, but you know how it is with these things... we always like to have the option of improving things whenever finances allow, and I can't help wondering what it might be like with 4 overhead Atmos speakers... 🙂 So all I'm saying is just think about this now and make sure that you are getting the receiver that will keep you happy for at least the next few years. Atmos and DTS-X have been an incredibly rewarding investment for me, and are well worth striving towards in my opinion. 

BTW: Excellent choice in speakers! They reviewed very well on Audioholics recently:

https://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/klipsch-rp-8000f

Enjoy building your new theater...

Brendon

Now that you've peeked my curiosity about a potential future atmos setup, I'm wondering if I'm approaching this correctly. Given the space I have, is there such a thing as too much? I haven't done much research on what rear surrounds or atmos speakers yet, but a quick glance landed me with the following setup:

Marantz 6013 AVR

RP8000f 

RP404C 

RP500M for rear surrounds

RP500SA x 4 

Not sure on subs or additional 3 channel amp to run the front 3 (recommendations?)

Due to my lack of experience, I'm concerned with whether or not this will result in a distorted and overwhelming (in a bad way) sound.

Cat you say?  TWO cats?  Neither de-clawed?  Mine is de-clawed and started padding the grill covers on my old Heresey's so I was going to be the smart guy and removed the covers.  Yup, safe now BUT what if she starts reaching up to the bottom of the mid-horn?  Nah, I'm good!  NOT!  NOW they've been moved sooo...  FAIR WARNING!  Yes, no cats were damaged unless you count hearing loss!  

Heresy.jpg

10 hours ago, Jwebb27 said:

Now that you've peeked my curiosity about a potential future atmos setup, I'm wondering if I'm approaching this correctly. Given the space I have, is there such a thing as too much? I haven't done much research on what rear surrounds or atmos speakers yet, but a quick glance landed me with the following setup:

Marantz 6013 AVR

RP8000f 

RP404C 

RP500M for rear surrounds

RP500SA x 4 

Not sure on subs or additional 3 channel amp to run the front 3 (recommendations?)

Due to my lack of experience, I'm concerned with whether or not this will result in a distorted and overwhelming (in a bad way) sound.

I suppose there is such a thing as too much for a given space, but in my opinion (and others might disagree) I think most rooms can safely handle anything up to a full Dolby Atmos setup (7.2.4). You are always in control of the volume you play at. I chose to go with 7.1.2 mainly for budget reasons and the limitations of my receiver, but I'm confident adding the additional 2 in-ceiling speakers for a 7.1.4 setup would make things even better, but I'm happy with what I have now. My next investment will be a second subwoofer for a 7.2.2 setup.

RP500SA: If you are planning on using these for Dolby Atmos, are you not able to do in-ceiling speakers? My first choice would be in-ceiling for Atmos. I have the PRO-180RPC which are awesome, but I believe these may only be available to custom installers in the USA, so the CDT-5800-C II would be what most are going with.

For subs, I would look at the SVS subs from the PB 3000 and up, depending on your budget and if you can afford them. Otherwise the Klipsch SPL-150 or the R-115SW is a more affordable alternative. You can start with one, but ideally you'd eventually want to have 2 so that you can get a more even bass response around the room. 

I power my entire system from my Yamaha A2070 receiver, and I have more power than I would ever need in this room (4.8m x 4.7m x 3.2m). Would it sound better with a separate power amp driving the front stage... maybe, but I certainly don't need it and there are more important things I want to invest in such as another sub. So if I were you, I would start off just with the AVR for now. Rather invest in a second sub or good in-ceiling speakers... and then if you find you need more power or dynamics, you can upgrade to separates later. 

11 hours ago, Jwebb27 said:

I honestly don't think you need to worry about this. You're choosing an excellent AVR with Excellent speakers... and as long as you set them up correctly, they will deliver tons of Chrystal clear sound that will leave a smile on your face every time you listen to them. 

My final and overall recommendation: get the AVR that will allow you to eventually add the number of channels you want to end up with, and then start building up to that slowly as your budget allows. You can always stop adding to the system if you think you have enough. But you won't need more than 7.2.4 in my opinion, and even 5.1.2 will give you plenty of joy.

I hope this helps.

PS: For what it's worth, I have two very busy cats, and while I have chosen to leave my grills on (just to be safe) neither of them have touched the grills (4 years now for the one cat and 2 years for the other cat). They do jump up on the speakers from the sides, but for some reason they always avoid the grills, even when climbing down. But every cat is different as seen by some of the other responses above. Keep the grills on to start with and see how your cats behave with the speakers. 

A co-worker informed me that there was actually another electronics store nearby that offered free in home consultations. So, being new to all of this, I figured it could at the very least add another perspective to my research. The first thing they recommended, was moving my setup to the wall in the cat photo. This would give me more space to play with and keep the wife happy that I'm not blocking the built in bookshelves. I gave him no zero input other than a rough budget, which he of course surpassed. This is where things seemed off to me. He suggested RP-502S speakers for the rear surrounds and wanted to place them 6' up the wall, and about 1' behind the couch. This seemed like odd placement for bipole speakers, no? Regardless, several items on his list were things I hadn't considered. The Pro Control remote and power conditioner were two that I wasn't expecting. I'm sure the remote would be nice, but not a necessity. What about the power conditioner? Any feedback is appreciated.

HT Quote3.jpg

6 minutes ago, Jwebb27 said:

He suggested RP-502S speakers for the rear surrounds and wanted to place them 6' up the wall, and about 1' behind the couch. This seemed like odd placement for bipole speakers, no?

If you want rear speakers and you're right up on the wall, you don't have much other choice.  Only problem with doing this is with the Klipsch units sometimes you can get weird effects.  You can be sitting on one side of the couch and if there is a rear sound effect, due to being in direct line of fire from the tweeter on the opposite side yet under the one behind you, the effect can seem like it's coming from the other side of the room, it's kind of weird.  Dolby actually recommends direct radiating monopoles behind you but like I said, if you have no room, you don't have much choice.  Bookshelves stick out quite a bit and are awkward to mount on the wall in this situation.  In-walls could work.  502S is about the cleanest looking install and is often done like you are talking about, but yeah it comes with its own set of problems in this particular situation.  

5 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

If you want rear speakers and you're right up on the wall, you don't have much other choice.  Only problem with doing this is with the Klipsch units sometimes you can get weird effects.  You can be sitting on one side of the couch and if there is a rear sound effect, due to being in direct line of fire from the tweeter on the opposite side yet under the one behind you, the effect can seem like it's coming from the other side of the room, it's kind of weird.  Dolby actually recommends direct radiating monopoles behind you but like I said, if you have no room, you don't have much choice.  Bookshelves stick out quite a bit and are awkward to mount on the wall in this situation.  In-walls could work.  502S is about the cleanest looking install and is often done like you are talking about, but yeah it comes with its own set of problems in this particular situation.  

I was considering placing bookshelves on stands behind the couch. It may not be as clean, but it seems like my best option. Otherwise, I would have to place my rears at different distances from the viewing area. 

2 hours ago, Jwebb27 said:

The Pro Control remote and power conditioner were two that I wasn't expecting. I'm sure the remote would be nice, but not a necessity. What about the power conditioner?

I don't know the Pro Control system, but my Logitech Harmony Elite (Hub, Remote and docking station) is probably one of the best investments I've made in recent years. It took over the duties of all the remotes I was relying on (8 of them). It's now the only remote I need to drive everything from my home theater to my smart lighting. All other remotes have been packed away for over a year now. The Pro Control looks quite a bit more expensive, but not sure how it compares otherwise. The Elite is currently selling for $ 249.99 (normally $ 349.99): https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/harmony-elite 

I haven't invested in a full blown power conditioner, but I did purchase an IsoTek power distribution strip, and good quality shielded power cables (for what it's worth):

EVO3 POLARIS: https://www.isoteksystems.com/product/discovery/evo3-polaris/

The above solution is good enough for me, as it will filter out Common Mode and Differential Mode mains noise, reduce RFI, and adds a bit of surge protection. Anything more than this is low priority and probably only makes sense on very high end gear in my opinion - unless you have the money to shell out luxuries... 🙂

This forum is simply amazing! It's so rare to find this level of help on forums these days. Thank you all for the help you've given. I'll be making my first round of purchases in the next week or so, and I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions as I work through setting it all up. 

• 4 weeks later...

Time for an update....

I finally took the plunge into the depths of the home theater world and couldn't be happier to have a new expensive hobby! LOL

Here's the equipment I chose for my first 5.1 setup:

Marantz SR 7012 Receiver

Panamax MR4300 Power Conditioner

Sony X800M2 Blu Ray Player

Samsung 75" Q80R

Center - RP 504C

Fronts - RP 8000F

Surround - RP 600M

Sub - HSU VTF-3 MK5

Logitech Harmony Elite

I have some cable management to do still, but the project is near completion and I couldn't be happier. My neighbors on the other hand, not so much! 

So, after getting everything setup, and using Audyssey to give me a starting point, I began tweaking the speaker levels. The first thing I did was make the center speaker a few db higher than the fronts, which was an immediate improvement. The next change is one that seemed excessive. In order to really feel like the surrounds were part of the experience, I had to set them to +3 db, while the fronts and center were ranging from -3.5 to -6 db. I have the rear surrounds placed about 2.5' behind our listening area and toed in to point at us. This places them roughly 13' away from the front channels. 

I'm still experimenting with the sub placement and configurations, but it's shaking our house and probably pissing the neighbors off already. I've been reading about isolation pads and such, and wondered if something like this would help out if placed under the sub and front towers? If so, what would you recommend? 

I still have a lot to learn, but I wouldn't have gotten to this point without the people on this forum! 

HT.jpg

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Jwebb27 said:

I still have a lot to learn, but I wouldn't have gotten to this point without the people on this forum! 

Looking good, no HT expert here and I feel the same way about how everyone here helped me.:emotion-21:

One little thing, adding a little toe in to the front two might be better, it could help stop early reflections off of the side walls

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Looking good, no HT expert here and I feel the same way about how everyone here helped me.:emotion-21:

One little thing, adding a little toe in to the front two might be better, it could help stop early reflections off of the side walls

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to give that a try.