Who knows about Line Filters/conditioners

joessportster

I just received a Wave-Perfect Line Filter Model 270-290.  Im so happy I tested it before plugging anything into it....................The output is 148 VAC (Supposed to be 120) 148 seems high enough to burn something up. Wondering if anyone here knows anything about these as far as fixing of measuring to find out whats wrong if something is 

Unless you know for a fact your electricity feed is highly variable and off the mark,  why bother?  If you are in a surge prone zone, use surge protectors.  Some people want to overthink things.

14 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Well one would think it would go down to 120 after something is plugged into it.

JJK

And then how do you test what is going into the plugged in unit? The tester itself (multimeter?) is effectively plugging something into it, right?

1 hour ago, JJkizak said:

Well one would think it would go down to 120 after something is plugged into it.

JJK

Dont think I will plug anything of mine into it to try that :dry:  Seems kinda silly frankly, Why would that hold true ? Every electrical outlet I have ever used has been 126 or lower and when you plug something into outlet 1 & test outlet 2 the voltage is pretty much spot on before & after. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Unless you know for a fact your electricity feed is highly variable and off the mark,  why bother?  If you are in a surge prone zone, use surge protectors.  Some people want to overthink things.

And then how do you test what is going into the plugged in unit? The tester itself (multimeter?) is effectively plugging something into it, right?

Got it free, I use surge protector strips. But free is hard to pass up and why not try it. (Thought B-4 finding the high voltage) I will likely donate it to the cause for someone with the knowledge to test / repair it b-4 use. I dont own anything I am willing to burn up in order to test it after plugging something in.

Test the outlet you're plugging it into first. If it measures good (110-125 volts) and when you plug the new WavePerfect device in you measure 148 then something wrong but magical is going on. The reason to test the outlet first is to see if your meter is OK. And yea I would not plug any equipment into it if it is truly 148 volts