A painted RP-280F

HenrikTJ

Hi all!

A very unusual question here. An offer for a pair of used RP-280F popped up on my radar for the price of 3500kr which is about 400usd. Don't know how the prices are everywhere else, but in my country its 1/4 of original price. In other words, VERY cheap. Only problem is that this guy painted only the one speaker white. Don't know if any of you have experience with removing paint from polymer veneer, but is it possible to remove without damaging the cabinet or the black colour underneath?

On 8/10/2019 at 4:01 PM, JefDC said:

I have no idea if the paint can be removed but if not you could paint the other one as well - first in white for the same undercoating and then in any color you fancy.

Sadly they sold shortly after posting that post. Kinda lucky for me that they sold, because I just know I just wouldn't end up painting them... Would probably just use the black one as a center and finally get the acoustic transparent canvas i've always wanted. The white one would basically be spare parts should anything happen