Miss Verna and I are doin' fine, y'all!

picky

Good morning fellow Klipsch Brothers and Sisters:

It's been a long time since I've poured my heart out to you all here on the forum. I used to post daily, but somehow, life and social media happened! Still, despite Facebook and all of its advantages, I prefer this forum to mainstream social media because it's simply more intimate and it's they way we all started as a family. It's akin to reading a real newspaper in your hands as opposed to reading it on line. Love the smell of newsprint!

Many of you whom attended this years pilgrimage in Hope are already aware of the challenges the Lord had chosen for my bride Verna and I this year. And as word has traveled, we've received so many prayers, well wishes and so much love from so many corners of this orb. In short, in the beginning of this year, I was in need of two, total knee replacements. Verna got word in March of two issues just one week apart (can you imagine?): 1) "You have skin cancer on your forehead!" 2) "You have breast cancer in your right breast!" DOUBLE DAMN!!!  March kinda sucked for us.

In March my right knee was replaced successfully. Many of you saw the results in Hope and it's wonderful! The same month, they began treating Verna's basal cell on her forehead with a special chemo-type cream. Six weeks later, it was totally gone! In May, Verna underwent a lumpectomy for the removal of a pea-sized tumor. Her lymph nodes are clear (great news!) In June, they went back in and removed a section of skin the tumor had rested against that tested position for cancer markers. For those of you who unfortunately know "Cancer-Speak", she is Grade 1, Stage 1A which is like a best-case scenario. In short, she is currently enduring 4 massive treatments of chemo, one every three weeks, then a month's rest. After the month's rest, she'll begin 16 separate treatments of radiation: Once, five days a week until done. She should be through just before Thanksgiving. The chemo and radiation are purely precautionary so as to help insure the cancer doesn't return in 9 years as "something else".

We'll have an enormous amount to be thankful for this year as they predict a full recovery for Verna!! To back-track slightly, I had my left knee replacement in July; an even greater success over the first (much less pain and greater initial range of movement). I am still currently recovering and in outpatient physical therapy after undergoing a successful two weeks of at-home therapy. I am unrestricted, on the go, kicking butt and taking names!

So many of you have asked how we're doing that there aren't enough minutes in our day to answer everyone individually. So sorry about that. I could not be doing better and Verna has been an absolute, "Rock Star"! He has a few moments here and there of nausea as expected with chemo. Many things, including water, taste "metallic" to her. She gets tired easily. But she NEVER complains about anything! She lost her hair on Wednesday, so our daughter took her to the barber and he her gave her a "buzz cut"....on the house in a private room in the back of the shop! Classy guy! She has several scarfs that she wears and a wig, which she has yet to wear out because it's been pretty warm lately. But she's doing amazingly well! She's my Wonder Woman! Thanks to all of you who knew. Thanks for your continuous support. And it's been a pleasure telling the rest of you who were unaware of our journey. We will be fine! Love to all!  -Glenn and Verna

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Glen, I wish I would have seen this earlier today before we met @ Neil's.  I would have enjoyed sitting down praying with you!  Both you and your wife will be in my prayers.  I heard you mention your knee surgery and saw the scar, which looked great, on your right knee and never knew you just had your left one done.  That moon walk at Claude's you did was ahhhmazing!  Was that really you or just the good vibrations from that kick butt system???  😂  😎  Your son is a great guy too!  The pleasure was mine!  Truly enjoyed the day with everyone!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

Elden ... dude, you never tell a man his wife looks good with nothing on. that’s asking for a poke in the nose.

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

I was thinking the same thing...

But it’s Mrs Verna, and he know’s what I mean. Been knowing them for a long time now and he knows he has nothing to worry about with me, it’s only good things for them from me. 

Anyway I meant from the shoulders up, he’s like a brother from another mother, nothing to worry about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

But it’s Mrs Verna, and he know’s what I mean. Been knowing them for a long time now and he knows he has nothing to worry about with me, it’s only good things for them from me. 

Anyway I meant from the shoulders up, he’s like a brother from another mother, nothing to worry about.

you know i was joking, right?  i very rarely post anything serious. 

• Like 1