did I make the right choice(s)

chad85

hey im new to all this.... first real home audio equipment but I did limited research and went with denon and klipsch. 

my living room is basically a rectangle 15' by 23' with vaulted ceiling opening to a hallway and kitchen..... I have 65" Samsung Q7 that once I find the right entertainment console or media shelves will b mounted to the wall with tilting low profile mount.  at what height is optimum?  couch is 11ft from tv wall.  best reference I could find was 65 inches from floor to center screen !? 

now onto the fun stuff..... i went with the denon Avr-s950h....i do want quality but on a budget..... since we had Christmas in July i bought a pair of r820f's and a r120sw I now realize I should have went with a center channel rather than sub but at least now I can get a recommendation for center!? I'm new to this so I need some guidance..... what is mmt next step? and did i make the right choices? thank u for ur help

18 hours ago, chad85 said:

hey im new to all this.... first real home audio equipment but I did limited research and went with denon and klipsch. 

my living room is basically a rectangle 15' by 23' with vaulted ceiling opening to a hallway and kitchen..... I have 65" Samsung Q7 that once I find the right entertainment console or media shelves will b mounted to the wall with tilting low profile mount.  at what height is optimum?  couch is 11ft from tv wall.  best reference I could find was 65 inches from floor to center screen !? 

now onto the fun stuff..... i went with the denon Avr-s950h....i do want quality but on a budget..... since we had Christmas in July i bought a pair of r820f's and a r120sw I now realize I should have went with a center channel rather than sub but at least now I can get a recommendation for center!? I'm new to this so I need some guidance..... what is mmt next step? and did i make the right choices? thank u for ur help

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Yes, the combination of Klipsch and Denon is good, though with Klipsch speakers, any amp/avr is a safe choice. Denon might not be the best choice for music listening though. Nice space you got, but vaulted ceilings can be a b!tc# if you're considering atmos. Nice tv, however at which height you should wall-mount it, I couldn't tell you. Nice entry lvl receiver, good choice. Personally, I wouldn't go with the "R" reference series, but they're definitely good for the price.  Any of the two matching center speakers. I'd go for the R-34c but the 52c would also work. 

Overall nice choices all across the board. Would even do as you did with getting the sub before the center even though the center is kinda the most used speaker in a full setup. I would argue that the fronts are more important in a setup in the sense that you could always watch in stereo even though it might not be ideal. As far as next steps go, get a center, then the side surrounds, then the back surrounds or atmos speakers. If you want both, you'll need a new receiver.

Welcome to the madness Chad. You made a good choice in your equipment. As far as mounting the TV to the wall, you need to place your center channel speaker on the entertainment center, then the TV just above that. That sequence works so you won't have to raise your TV later. You could always mount the TV high enough for a center to fit, but I think they look and sound better when it's a tight fit. Plus a tight fit will hide your wires and cables.