Doin' a little rearranging upstairs...

avguytx

I guess here pretty soon, the Barzillay cabinets will be moved to the right of the couch for awhile but may eventually end up downstairs in out master bedroom under the TV.  There might not be enough space for them upstairs unless I move them across the room upstairs under a larger window.  It's good for storing gear or other knick-knacks, which is what would happen to it if it went downstairs.  I'm about to place the order for the Onkyo M-5000R amp and C-7000R CD player so my plan is to use a different rack between the Belle clones....something like one of the "Flexy Racks" that use threaded rods, etc.  This setup will only have the Onkyo gear, a Pioneer PL-518 and some sort of basic PC to access JRiver/FLAC files.  The second system on the other wall, that I can move the couch around easily to listen to, will be my fully rebuilt Carver gear....BillD C-1 preamp, M-1.0t MkII, DTL-200CD, JVC turntable and PC for accessing JRiver/FLAC files.  Either system could play the other speakers I have including the Cerwin Vega VS-150's, Infinity Quantum 3's, Celestion Ditton 44 Series II's, or 2 pairs of Dynaco A25's.  

And my wife wasn't as thrilled with the "new" sofas cushion material, or color, so she wrapped them in a blanket we weren't using and dressed it up a little.  She says that she's not doing anything upstairs as it's "my area" but it seems like she still does things when I'm not up there.  lol.  Oh well...she's helpful in so many ways that I'm good with whatever she does.

20190902_150901-1024x576.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, avguytx said:

She says that she's not doing anything upstairs as it's "my area" but it seems like she still does things when I'm not up there. 

Probably also listens. :lol:

Oh well...she's helpful in so many ways that I'm good with whatever she does.

Well yea

I guess here pretty soon, the Barzillay cabinets will be moved to the right of the couch for awhile but may eventually end up downstairs in out master bedroom under the TV.  There might not be enough space for them upstairs unless I move them across the room upstairs under a larger window.  It's good for storing gear or other knick-knacks, which is what would happen to it if it went downstairs.  I'm about to place the order for the Onkyo M-5000R amp and C-7000R CD player so my plan is to use a different rack between the Belle clones....something like one of the "Flexy Racks" that use threaded rods, etc.  This setup will only have the Onkyo gear, a Pioneer PL-518 and some sort of basic PC to access JRiver/FLAC files.  The second system on the other wall, that I can move the couch around easily to listen to, will be my fully rebuilt Carver gear....BillD C-1 preamp, M-1.0t MkII, DTL-200CD, JVC turntable and PC for accessing JRiver/FLAC files.  Either system could play the other speakers I have including the Cerwin Vega VS-150's, Infinity Quantum 3's, Celestion Ditton 44 Series II's, or 2 pairs of Dynaco A25's.  

And my wife wasn't as thrilled with the "new" sofas cushion material, or color, so she wrapped them in a blanket we weren't using and dressed it up a little.  She says that she's not doing anything upstairs as it's "my area" but it seems like she still does things when I'm not up there.  lol.  Oh well...she's helpful in so many ways that I'm good with whatever she does.

20190902_150901-1024x576.jpg

Nice looking color contrasts to the couch.  An issue I see, as I assume you sit center seat, is you will be sitting on the crack between the cushions. 😀 Though i'm sure the blanket helps.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Nice looking color contrasts to the couch.  An issue I see, as I assume you sit center seat, is you will be sitting on the crack between the cushions. 😀 Though i'm sure the blanket helps.  

Yeah, I thought about that, too, once the recliner was moved back downstairs.  But, I'd rather have a spot for 2 or 3 people to sit and listen (like the other night)....I can tolerate the crack under my crack.  lol.  Who knows...one day, might make a solid cushion all across the bottom so no one has a crack seat!  :D  

• Haha 2

Yeah, I thought about that, too, once the recliner was moved back downstairs.  But, I'd rather have a spot for 2 or 3 people to sit and listen (like the other night)....I can tolerate the crack under my crack.  lol.  Who knows...one day, might make a solid cushion all across the bottom so no one has a crack seat!  :D  

I had a crack seat and grabbed a pillow to sit on.  Couple days later I realized that was the wrong thing to do.  Was my couch "nap" pillow.  THAT'S not happening!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, avguytx said:

I have a solution to the crack issue.  Take one cushion and center it.  The other, cut in half and place either side of it, recover with blanket.  There will of course now be 2 cracks,  but, no crack for you. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, rockhound said:

Kip congrats I know this has been a long time coming. Room looks great and so do the Belle inspired clones.

Thank you sir.  Yeah, been waiting for a good while now.  Still more work to be done with room acoustics, building a horn loaded sub eventually, and also a new rack for when my new Onkyo M-5000R amp and C-7000R CD player come in.  I'm going to tidy up that area where the nice old Barzillay cabinet is.  Eventually.