Help with installing new Bob Crites crossover in KG4

Briankg4

Hi,  I have had a pair of KG 4’s for a while and ordered new crossovers from Bob Crites to update these speakers.  I am not sure how you do the removal and then install of these crossovers.  I thought you gained access by removing the passive radiator, but that seems to be glued down.  It also seems like there might extra wires on the new crossover.  This is my first time attempting opening a speaker and want to make sure I am doing it right.  Thanks, Brian

The passive radiator has a gasket that may be sticky and prevent it from being removed easily.  Best thing to do is carefully remove one of the front woofers and push the passive out from behind.  I'd suggest removing the top woofer since it'll give you better access to connecting the wires of your new crossover to the tweeter and lower woofer.

I believe the factory crossover has two nuts that you'll remove to disconnect it from the rear input terminals.  It's pretty straightforward if you connect everything to what is labeled on your new crossover board.

Did you have Bob send you new internal wiring also?

Got passive radiator out and could see how everything wires up.  Thanks again for tip on how to remove.  I have the one speaker done now with the new crossover and titanium diaphragm and will get the second done this afternoon.  Excited to see what the upgrades bring to the listening experience.

• Like 1

WOW!  Horns on So What & Freddie Freeloader sound incredible with the new titanium diaphragm and new crossovers.  Wife came in was impressed with difference.  Will finish up the second speaker and have a fun this evening getting to hear some awesome sounding music.  Thanks again to everyone for your help and suggestions.

• Like 1

Very impressed with the upgrades from Bob Crites.  Listening to Steely Dan AJA cd from mobile fidelity and boy does it sound good.  Would not hesitate in recommending the upgrades.  Appreciate the welcome Billybob and thanks for everyone’s help and suggestions.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Briankg4 said:

Very impressed with the upgrades from Bob Crites.  Listening to Steely Dan AJA cd from mobile fidelity and boy does it sound good.  Would not hesitate in recommending the upgrades.  Appreciate the welcome Billybob and thanks for everyone’s help and suggestions.

Let us know your thoughts about the before and after, if you want to.

Some here mention the X-Overs continuing to improve over a period of time after...One thing I like about that model is the bass presence. Alright..