New happy owner of klipsch speakers.

Audionerd

Hello everyone! Glad to be here in the forums to learn a lot! Little back on me, Love jazz, blues music and home theater. Current setup is marantz sr5012 and klipsch rp-160m's that I love! What a great sound over the other brand of speakers I have had! Huge difference. This is live sound to me! Anyway very excited on purchase. I have been finding some deals on klipsch used speakers. As much I as would love to get some HERESY  or LaScala's! the rp-160m's and at matching setting for a 7.1 setup is what i'm looking to do in my small to medium size home theater room. However found a deal on some RF-5's from a local person selling 6 of them he has using in his theater. I have not went and listened to them yet. They're in great condition. So I am thinking about moving the RP-160m's to the rear and have the RF-5's be front L R and Side L R. For being older speakers I know they may sound different but how do the RF-5's rate to you guys? 

Looking for thoughts. Thanks for the welcome to forums and to join this great brand of speaker that I have been able to expand out my music and theater build. Thanks klipsch for still making a good speaker! Thanks forums for the replies. 

• Like 1

Welcome!

The RP-160Ms have received great reviews, glad you're enjoying yours!

The original Reference series (which includes the RF-5) are awesome speakers.  They will definitely have a livelier sound than the current RP series.  The treble will be much more pronounced.  Some love it, some don't.  Marantz matches up well with Klipsch so you should be good there, although if you listen loud you may consider an external amp for at least the front main speakers should you go with the full RF-5 setup.  Most any receivers are going to benefit from an external amp.  The more speakers you add the less power each speaker will see.  An external amp will free up power for the rest of the speakers you have connected to the receiver.

I'm actually considering a pair of RF-5s that showed up close to where I live.

• Like 1