Need help getting Cornwalls and Khorns

Audio Nervosa

Hi there

I bought a pair of Cornwalls from an authorized dealer about 9 months ago, and when they unboxed them one was damaged.  I'm working in Europe at this moment, and want to getsome drop-shipped from the factory to the new house I just bought near Los Angeles.  My wife can receive them.  I  figure if they come from Klipsch directly I may have a better chance.  I heard there is anew Cornwall, but perhaps the old one is fine.  

I have my own dedicated room now that is about 32 x 32, and it's about finished being decorated.I want to get a pair of the NEWEST K-horns, and again, want them to arrive in 1 piece. 

Has anyone got some ideas on who can help me? Has anyone gotten Klipsch drop shipped?

Thanks!

Bill    

I am in Europe and I received my Cornwall III in 2016 here in France from Germany, it was a long trip. Osiris the importer of Klipsch packed the cartons very well on a pallet with film, this contributes to the fact that the carrier does not drop the cartons and that way the speakers are never damaged. The quality of the packaging by the sender is very important 😀

p0fe.jpg

• Like 1

Here is a link to Klipsch Heritage dealers.  There are two in the LA area.  I would highly recommend you order from a local dealer to you.

As far as I know, you can't order "directly" from Klipsch, you must go through a dealer.

https://www.klipsch.com/dealers?c=United+States&z=0000&filter[]=heritage&r=10000

@Audio Nervosa

• Moderators
On 8/11/2019 at 6:52 AM, Audio Nervosa said:

Hi there

I bought a pair of Cornwalls from an authorized dealer about 9 months ago, and when they unboxed them one was damaged.  I'm

Did the dealer take care of the problem?

They all ship from the same place the same way from Klipsch to the dealer. Some speakers bought from a dealer get shipped directly to the buyer.  It depends on what it is, etc.  Talk to those two local dealers and ask them how they would handle shipping and INSTALLATION.   Some will deliver and install them for that same price.

They won't try and instal anything in your home that has been damaged.

Travis

57 minutes ago, Audio Nervosa said:

I had to leave back to Europe so I got a refund.  Yes they are going to my new house in California

Is there any close outs on the old Cornwall?  

Old Cornwall?  There's just Cornwall III as far as I see on the website.

30 minutes ago, babadono said:

Pretty sure Cory can get them drop shipped directly to your home. Contact @MetropolisLakeOutfitters.

But Dude 32' x32'?, you need Jubilees:)

Really don’t understand why you are recommending a dealer who is 2000 miles away from the customer. There are two Klipsch heritage dealers in the Los Angeles area and it would be very much preferable to deal with a local dealer rather than someone far distant. 

8 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Really don’t understand why you are recommending a dealer who is 2000 miles away from the customer. There are two Klipsch heritage dealers in the Los Angeles area and it would be very much preferable to deal with a local dealer rather than someone far distant. 

I guess it was something in the first post about drop ship that triggered my response. Plus I know I got a fair shake from MLO on my Jubes.

I agree with Jim here, especially If they are being shipped, one would think they would go the dealer first where they can be inspected then hand delivered by the dealer the customer.  At least, that is how I would want it to go down. 

• Moderators
17 hours ago, The Dude said:

I agree with Jim here, especially If they are being shipped, one would think they would go the dealer first where they can be inspected then hand delivered by the dealer the customer.  At least, that is how I would want it to go down. 

On the shipping, it varies by the product, the type of dealer, and other factors that I am only generally aware of.

I believe Installers and Dealers can specify whether they want it direct shipped to the customer or sent to them for installation.   If it were me, I would check with a couple of dealers, get the price, ask if that price includes delivery and installation, and determine what I wanted.  I also want a dealer, wherever they are located, to take care of any problems if they should arise.

I concur with previous comments, while CW's will cover that nice room, ,it wouldn't compare to fully horn loaded bass of a pair of AK6 Khorns or a step up from there, Jubilees.

Do you plan to primarily listen to music or HT?  What kind of music.

If you can post photos of room you can get a lot more insight and input into what you are trying to accomplish. 

Travis

On 8/12/2019 at 3:07 PM, jimjimbo said:

By all means, support your local Heritage dealer.  Otherwise though, unless you're dealing with them in person, it's not like the level of pre-sale guidance and post-sale support diminishes with distance.  

On 8/11/2019 at 6:52 AM, Audio Nervosa said:

I figure if they come from Klipsch directly I may have a better chance.  I heard there is anew Cornwall, but perhaps the old one is fine.

A few notes on this.  

1. You can't really buy this type of stuff directly from Klipsch anymore.  Used to they had the Kibo / Shopatron portal which farmed out orders to local dealers, so it looked like you were buying directly from Klipsch although that wasn't really the whole story.  That doesn't really exist anymore though, they are trying to funnel traffic to local dealers and let customers order directly from them.  

2.  In regards to the old Cornwall III's is that Klipsch mostly doesn't have any more, to be honest I bought most of the remaining stock, I'm sitting on like 50 of them.  Basically if you ask a place about them and they don't have any in stock but say they can order them, that's not really reality.  There's like six cherry left and that's it, both walnut and black are gone.  

3. If you or anybody else were interested in a one of a kind set of Cornwall III's in walnut, I donated the very last set that were made at the factory to the museum, everybody at the factory signed them, just kind of an end of an era thing.  100% of the sale price goes to support the Klpsch museum, I don't get a dime nor do I collect the payment.  They are available to ship pretty much immediately.  

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 1:47 PM, Audio Nervosa said:

any close outs on the old Cornwall?  

There shouldn't be any publicly viewable price reductions on standard Cornwall III's, minimum advertised pricing did not change in other words.  

11 hours ago, glens said:

The Cornwall III is an historic entity?

If you mean are they discontinued at this point, yeah pretty much.  If you are referring to the museum donation of the last pair made that I mentioned above, I was just trying to help them raise money, I don't expect them to go on display at the museum or anything.