Dad selling speakers and Amp - Klipsch La Scala 33 LSBR 26W347

Chad L

My Dad is going through a divorce and moving to a smaller space. He has had some pretty kick-butt sounding speakers and amp for a long time. He recently had them serviced but his new place isn't big enough for this system.

I am trying to help him sell this but I am not sure the value. I think the Klipsch speakers have value, but while the Amp set he just had serviced is amazing, I'm learning those depreciate heavily.

Here is the info I know, anyone have an idea of what value this would have (or if interested, make me an offer!) 

Deeply appreciate any help / advice.

Put a bunch of his pictures here:

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipOhLP-dCP1fNqWdg_PuYocBmAkGdptzP0WcN4IY

Speakers: 2 x Klipsch La Scala 33 - LSBR 26W347

ECYJlKE_vCPLyiLxlMjnIlz2GPAHOVcjOpYMRjQE

FeSxSSwRT2FcVZGSq_HoYg20H22BL_QTbFDZ9np7

CROWN SA 2

• FM TWO
  • Straight Line 2
  • Stereo PreAmplifier
  • EQ-2 - Distinction Series Equalizer SERIAL 001478
  • SA2 Distinction Series Amplifier Serial 113091 item g42055-7

mYfJviEV_SSM4wSuJkjH9fmlT5L6a8eKZvTLHBxS

GGLYqjTV0UJ6dSB9FLuYL8uBqwkJm7Y0qJhOvSgD

-BOl37J64rxzKJhchdX44B-VWjcC8bG4BJlSiRQi

dNNcLfPLUvSrtbCx1-wP8G-wDY0Z4To4gcqm1Wui

• Like 1

Campbell River! Salmon capitol of the world!

We rented a little 16’ fibreglass 25hp tiller there years ago. The marina pointed us where to go, across the straight towards the mainland. There was a crowd of boats boat but nobody was heading directly across. They knew more than we did.

The tide comes in and goes around both ends of Vancouver Island. Meets in the middle at Campbell River. We found ourselves full throttle going slower than we could’ve gone if we had got out and walked. And THEN the horizon disappeared as we sank in the sea. Insert deleted expletive here!

Harrowing boat ride. Caught our damn salmon and took the long way home...

BC is a tough market, the Island probably more-so. My sister is in Nanaimo and I am always trying to figure out how she would get the deals to me, lol.

Nonetheless a grand for a working pair of LaScalas in ok shape would be a steal. Those are ‘81’s though and may have the much sought-after, short production run, soldered lug K-55V squawkers as well as the AA crossovers...!

Your dad must have rocked the Island pretty good with that gear!

GLWS (good luck with sale) and welcome to the forum.

• Haha 1

There are a few forum members on the island ( I have a house on the island), there isn’t much good Klipsch gear usually on the market out there. A couple audio stores in Victoria have had Cornwall’s. You might try selling on Canada Audio Mart. Good La Scalas list for $2,000 Canadian recently, try a search on Kijiji, there were recently a couple pair in Saskatoon if I recall.  Sound Hounds in Victoria might offer some input. They consign gear too, but I have never gone down that path. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, geoff. said:

Campbell River! Salmon capitol of the world!

We rented a little 16’ fibreglass 25hp tiller there years ago. The marina pointed us where to go, across the straight towards the mainland. There was a crowd of boats boat but nobody was heading directly across. They knew more than we did.

The tide comes in and goes around both ends of Vancouver Island. Meets in the middle at Campbell River. We found ourselves full throttle going slower than we could’ve gone if we had got out and walked. And THEN the horizon disappeared as we sank in the sea. Insert deleted expletive here!

Harrowing boat ride. Caught our damn salmon and took the long way home...

BC is a tough market, the Island probably more-so. My sister is in Nanaimo and I am always trying to figure out how she would get the deals to me, lol.

Nonetheless a grand for a working pair of LaScalas in ok shape would be a steal. Those are ‘81’s though and may have the much sought-after, short production run, soldered lug K-55V squawkers as well as the AA crossovers...!

Your dad must have rocked the Island pretty good with that gear!

GLWS (good luck with sale) and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for that, appreciate the story! My brother has a story about being in one of my Dad's boats, that was sinking fast as they headed back to shore. They nearly got in a fist fight arguing who's fault it was they were about to drown. Yes, he's rocked the island pretty good.

5 hours ago, MC39693 said:

There are a few forum members on the island ( I have a house on the island), there isn’t much good Klipsch gear usually on the market out there. A couple audio stores in Victoria have had Cornwall’s. You might try selling on Canada Audio Mart. Good La Scalas list for $2,000 Canadian recently, try a search on Kijiji, there were recently a couple pair in Saskatoon if I recall.  Sound Hounds in Victoria might offer some input. They consign gear too, but I have never gone down that path. Good luck.

Really appreciate the tips - will look into those options.