Cincinnati Reds Aristides Aquino 8HR in first 11 Games

Davis

Since being called up from AAA Louisville after the trade of Puig to try and earn the right field position he has hit 8hr in 11 games this season.. Also he was recorded at 104.1MPH on a throw from right field to second base for a put out.

This video shows the first 7 home runs.

Technically his career is 8 home runs for 12 games as he made an appearance in a game last season.

This also includes 3 home runs in 3 consecutive innings in the same game.

• Like 2

Not followed them much lately....good for them!!

I had a chance to meet George Foster a couple years ago, eating breakfast at a Wafflehouse in Hamilton (just north of Cincy).

Nice guy, had a very attractive gal with him and when I shook his hand, I was amazed at .....  how soft it was.  

I would have expected some hard hands from slinging the bats around for so long.  He must use Pamolive dish soap...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/13/2019 at 11:43 AM, Davis said:

Since being called up from AAA Louisville after the trade of Puig to try and earn the right field position he has hit 8hr in 11 games this season.. Also he was recorded at 104.1MPH on a throw from right field to second base for a put out.

This video shows the first 7 home runs.

Technically his career is 8 home runs for 12 games as he made an appearance in a game last season.

This also includes 3 home runs in 3 consecutive innings in the same game.

I'm not a baseball fan, but that guy could turn me into one, love the nickname "Punisher". Wonder what the pitchers' are thinking when Aquino's up at bat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

I'm not a baseball fan, but that guy could turn me into one, love the nickname "Punisher". Wonder what the pitchers' are thinking when Aquino's up at bat.

The pitcher's are thinking "I can get this guy out".....or "should I pitch around him, who's up next?"....but they all know about his hitting.

CINCINNATI -- No one, ever, in the history of Major League Baseball, has reached a double-digit home run total faster than Reds rookie sensation Aristides Aquino.

Aquino clobbered an Adam Wainwright cutter, launching it to left field for his 10th homer in 16 career big league games -- including 15 games played in 2019.

Remember, the ball got juiced up this year. They are on pace to hit over 600 more home runs this year vs last year. One day a few weeks ago, 48 home runs were hit in one day, and there were 10 games played that day. The kid is setting records, but the ball is helping.

29 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Remember, the ball got juiced up this year. They are on pace to hit over 600 more home runs this year vs last year. One day a few weeks ago, 48 home runs were hit in one day, and there were 10 games played that day. The kid is setting records, but the ball is helping.

i think there were 12 just in the SF Giants game yesterday.  six by each team.

i read that MLB is a co-owner of Rawlings ... draw your own conclusions.

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

i think there were 12 just in the SF Giants game yesterday.  six by each team.

i read that MLB is a co-owner of Rawlings ... draw your own conclusions.

WOW.....12 in one game! Dan Patrick interviewed Clayton Kershaw, he was asked is her nervous as a pitcher, Kershaw just said we need to try harder.