The Peanut Butter Falcon

Marvel

31 minutes ago, dtel said:

Could be good, and funny, i'll see it in about 6-8 months when you can rent it, don't go to movies.Last time we were in a theater was 1988, Eddie Murphy,  Coming to America.  :blush:

The movie was a huge hit at SXSW. There is a featurette on utube with interview with the film makers and crew on how much fun the movie was to make. The lead, who has downs and had never acted does an awesome job.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

that totally smashed my streak ... last time i was at the theatre was 2014 Monument Men. dang, i miss that $20 soda and popcorn.

Well we also had 3 kids and it was hard to get away, and it sounded better at home anyway, without the crowds, now with phones I would imagine it's worse?

13 minutes ago, Marvel said:

The movie was a huge hit at SXSW. There is a featurette on utube with interview with the film makers and crew on how much fun the movie was to make. The lead, who has downs and had never acted does an awesome job.

It does look good.

41 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Geeze Elden, I just wish you had finished it up on a good one!

I know, watched it again later as a rerun on sat, not so good.

Some of the older movies back then are my favorites even if they are cheesy, like Trading Places.

It had been years for me until this LF. who's a college English/Drama professor, wanted me to go see Clint Eastwood's last movie.  The Runner or whatever it was called.  I used my military ID and got the tickets on the cheap so the first thing she does is hit the concessions.  Huge tub of popcorn and a half-gallon of sweet water in a cup, THEN it was about 3 boxes of "movie candy" as she calls it.  I was like seriously???  She weighs about 100 pounds and just dropped about $30 on garbage?  Gonna be a loooong time before I do another one but this one does look good!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

It had been years for me until this LF. who's a college English/Drama professor, wanted me to go see Clint Eastwood's last movie.  The Runner or whatever it was called.  I used my military ID and got the tickets on the cheap so the first thing she does is hit the concessions.  Huge tub of popcorn and a half-gallon of sweet water in a cup, THEN it was about 3 boxes of "movie candy" as she calls it.  I was like seriously???  She weighs about 100 pounds and just dropped about $30 on garbage?  Gonna be a loooong time before I do another one but this one does look good!

The Mule was the movie.

• Thanks 1