MWM Bins are here

Marvel

Finally, after many months, I will be able to get the dual woofer MWM cabs from the college whete I used to work. They were in a closet inside a classroom. Had th wait for classes to be kut so there could be easy access to the room. Then there was summer term, then camps. Have to get them tmorrow, preparation for students arrival for Fall term... they'll be too busy to get them out of the room.

Crazy!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dtel said:

I have to say I love the way they sound, glad to hear this. :emotion-21:

Have them at the house, waiting on help to get here to help me unload. Three of us got them in the truck.

Singles sure would be easier to move around, but you take what you can get.

These are listed as 288 lbs. each, and they have no handles.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

That's exactly why I built singles, I didn't want to put handles on the ones inside, they are still tough to move. But I haven't moved them in over 10 years, and I am 10 YO older now. :unsure2:

I helped Kevin move the set of doubles he got from M Colter and it was not fun even with handles.

What is the plan for the top half ?

Had help getting them in the truck... the help to get them out fizzled out...

I pulled the fronts off and took the K43s out... that actually helped a lot. Got them into the house and back together all by myself. We'll see tomorrow if I did too much. Anyway, ramps and 4 wheel dollies are great. They are set up on end next to my LaScalas. 🙄

Bruce

Bruce

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Had help getting them in the truck... the help to get them out fizzled out...

I pulled the fronts off and took the K43s out... that actually helped a lot. Got them into the house and back together all by myself. We'll see tomorrow if I did too much. Anyway, ramps and 4 wheel dollies are great. They are set up on end next to my LaScalas. 🙄

Bruce

Bruce

pics, or I call :pwk_bs: :P

• Haha 1

I'm surprised at how good the LS sound this close together. I believe Eldon used LS tops on an MWM bin for an outside speaker system, just using the LS crossover. We'll see, just glad t o get them before they decided they needed the room and trashed them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dtel said:

What is the plan for the top half ?

Not sure. I have some K69/PAudio BM-D750 on some nice Selenium horns I got from Bob, or I could put the drivers on some big JBL 2365 horns I have.

4 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I want to make a cabinet with a flat top that will hold mine upright, put both mid bass ans horn on top and the tweeters on the flsts inside the MWMs.

I have tall ceilings upstairs from where they are now.

Thinking similar ... I have some ideas I floated with ChrisA, but I wasn't going to pursue much until I got them here. WAF is pretty low but I'm thinking a karaoke party would take care of that.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Marvel said:

They tilt back, since they are a trapezoid shape. Now the LS are in front of the tv with the mwm cabs flanking them.

No BS...

20190814_161002.jpg

There is a lot going on in this pic and all I can focus on is the coffee mug on the LS! Get a coaster! (sorry deep rooted hostility carried over for someone I never met that owned my Belles before me)

I will save this photo along with others I have found here on the forum to show my wife when she questions if this hobby has gone a little too far.

Congrats

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I really can't believe I got them into the house without putting me into the hospital or busting the sliding glass doors.  They are 288 lbs loaded, taking the hatch and drivers off saved me about 45 lbs, but it helped a lot. Too bad I have to go back to work tomorrow...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I really can't believe I got them into the house without putting me into the hospital or busting the sliding glass doors.  They are 288 lbs loaded, taking the hatch and drivers off saved me about 45 lbs, but it helped a lot. Too bad I have to go back to work tomorrow...

That's the weight of each of my Tapped Horn Subs.