MWM Bins are here

Marvel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Marvel said:

I believe Eldon used LS tops on an MWM bin for an outside speaker system, just using the LS crossover. We'll see, just glad t o get them before they decided they needed the room and trashed them.

Yes diy split LaScala tops K400 and Bob's tweeter with an AA crossover, one bin for each top. But depending on how it's wired double bins could probably be used, might want to check?

That sounds good, it's a good bit more bass than the LaScala bin on the bottom, especially outside. 

One side, pic from years ago. Fiberglass screen was put on the horns to keep out wasp which almost clogged it up once before, and hardware cloth in the back of the MWM where the center horn aims toward the back before turning, just to keep out animals.

speakers (36).jpg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

There is a lot going on in this pic and all I can focus on is the coffee mug on the LS! Get a coaster! (sorry deep rooted hostility carried over for someone I never met that owned my Belles before me

They were beaters I saw sitting on someones porch. Still a work in progress, maybe just bondo a few places and put duratex on them. I did front mont the horns and have a couple of ideas on decoration.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Mine are rough again, black exterior house paint will fix that since there for outside, or if I ever build a new workshop. 

Yours does look good, if you ever wanted to get fancy just cut 2 new front doors from some nice wood and stain it.

1 minute ago, dtel said:

But depending on how it's wired double bins could probably be used, might want to check?

That's my worry. The Klipsch literature says the k43s are 8 ohms, but they are actually 4 ohm in parallel, making a 2 ohm load. They don't really have the narrow slot which loads the woofer to appear a higher impedance. If I go active it wouln't matter much

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Yours does look good, if you ever wanted to get fancy just cut 2 new front doors from some nice wood and stain it.

Oh yeah, the MWMs look pretty good, it's the LS that are beaters, one is a clone.

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

They tilt back, since they are a trapezoid shape. Now the LS are in front of the tv with the mwm cabs flanking them.

No BS...

20190814_161002.jpg

They disappear into the corner.. That is what I tell Stacey...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Marvel said:

I really can't believe I got them into the house without putting me into the hospital or busting the sliding glass doors.  They are 288 lbs loaded, taking the hatch and drivers off saved me about 45 lbs, but it helped a lot. Too bad I have to go back to work tomorrow...

I had to take the sliding door off to get mine in.. and move the a lot of other things too. I have moved mine (by myself) more than once. I used 2 wheel and 4 wheel dollies straps and...... and my MWM have handles too, so there's that. 

I have had mine stood upright, but not angled like that. I'm sure that the LS horns and Xover are creating smiles. 

• Like 1