New Onkyo M-5000R amp & C-7000R CD player just delivered...

avguytx

I decided against the CD player as I just don't see myself using it.  In March 2015, I started ripping my CD's to the NAS and have done so for any CD's subsequently bought since.  They were ripped into NAS then stuck in a cabinet since we had nowhere to put them in the last house.  I've got a Toshiba DVD player from years ago that will read DVD-A and SACD if I want to play those 10 to 15 discs of those that I own.  

But the amp is on the way.  👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Amplifier and CD player are in the back seat of my truck....Fedex dropped them off this morning.  Holy crap a 52-lb amp is going to be fun wagging upstairs.  Now it will be time to move some gear around, again, and maybe get them hooked up in the next few days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got a little listening time in after they were hooked up and played a couple of CD's on them.  Well, I can't really "get to" all of my CD's as they are boxed up still due to not having time to build a suitable rack.  Same thing goes with my albums.  It was mainly to test them out and make sure was all good to go and they did a fine job.  I'm going to have to get some other sort of "power center" on this side of the room like the Tripplite on the other setup at some point.  I do like the fact that the P-3000R pre has "bi-amp" control where you can balance the gain via the preamp for more fine control.  But in my use, one side is for the M-5000R amp on the Belles and the other side goes to the Sunfire 12" sub.  What I'm lacking, too, is that side doesn't have access to the NAS for the FLAC files of all the CD's like the other does but that is mainly due to not having internet...yet.  (working on that)  I need access control from my phone to a laptop via WiFi so I can see what's going on.  Oh well, little by little.

Saturday night I got to spend some time upstairs and also on Sunday night I invited my wife upstairs to listen for awhile.  lol  I was streaming the trial run of Amazon Music HD, or whatever they call it, and I was very pleased with how the Onkyo stack sounded; preamp and amp, anyway.  Meters were showing anywhere from 0.5 to 1 watt RMS with 10 to 20 watt peaks so it had some good volume which even my wife tolerated.  (I was also playing music she enjoyed hearing, too, so that helped)  I am very pleased with the combo and there will be some gear I will be selling off as I don't care to have extra stuff around for decoration and not being used.  I don't really care to be switching amps, preamps, CD's, etc...maybe just the occasional pair of speakers.

Definitely glad I made the purchase.  Not sure how much play time the CD player will get...but it's there.

I see you have some ADS 400C's which are some of my favorite mini speakers of all time.  I built my daughter a 7.1 system using L300E and L300C's with a KV-2 center.  Keep me in mind if you choose to part with the 400C's if the price is right for me.

Love the Onkyo stack, just awesome!

42 minutes ago, Frzninvt said:

I see you have some ADS 400C's which are some of my favorite mini speakers of all time.  I built my daughter a 7.1 system using L300E and L300C's with a KV-2 center.  Keep me in mind if you choose to part with the 400C's if the price is right for me.

Love the Onkyo stack, just awesome!

Thank you, sir.  I just need to somehow come up with the time to build a new rack for that side, and potentially the other side, and move the Barzillay cabinet to our bedroom I guess.  It's served its purpose well through the years.

Yes, I've had them for maybe 10 years now.  They are some great sounding small speakers and I had thought I'd use them in the living room with some basic setup.  But, not sure if it's going to happen or not, really.  I built the upstairs room to house all my gear so none would be in the living room, which was my preference; my wife was good either way.  But with the way our living room is done, it could only be bookshelf speakers that sat on the shelves and I think she's more interested in those shelves being for decor and not sound.  lol.  So, I will probably just do a sound bar at some point as the TV sound sucks at best.  

If I do decide to part with them, I will let you know.     👍