Tyler Acoustics PD 30's ... "big" CF-4's ... $1500, Orlando

Emile

Was shopping and found these Tyler Acoustics PD 30's.  Very similar to CF-4's, but with 15" Pro Eminance woofers (and about 175 lbs each).  Never heard any of these, but got some CF-3's a couple of months ago and love them.  Thought anyone looking for CF-3/4's might want to check these out. Link: https://orlando.craigslist.org/ele/d/saint-cloud-tyler-acoustics-pd-30s/6955945143.html . Full specs in ad.

27 minutes ago, bkwa1959 said:

Do you live close enough to go and hear these speakers,it would be interesting to have someone with some knowledge of the sound of Klipsch speakers to be able to compare both brands

Yes; tempted.  But ... it's a 4 hour roundtrip for me.  Maybe a member in Orlando???

Add-on ... these are monster boxes ... 56 inches tall ... no clue where I could put them :( ... plus my wife would kill me (haha didn't tell her yet that a R-115SW sub is on the way) :D 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Emile said:

Add-on ... these are monster boxes ... 57 inches tall ... no clue where I could put them :( ... plus my wife would kill me (haha didn't tell her yet that a R-115SW sub is on the way) :D 

For my wife, I would panel the room to match the veneer. 

She isn't very observant, so I could get away with it until I played them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

She isn't very observant, so I could get away with it until I played them.

Haha ... my new 15" sub will go in a closet ... she'll never see it :)  But will be waiting for her to ask, "why is the whole house shaking?" :D 

• Haha 1

I live just outside of Orlando if your really looking at buying them I could go look at them

Dollar for dollar Klipsch has no equals
Name one other speaker company that can build a speaker and keep working like new after 45 plus years of service. Answer NO ONE !!!!!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

I live just outside of Orlando if your really looking at buying them I could go look at them

Carl,

Thanks! But think they are a bit too large for my small stereo room (and was disappointed to find out they only have a 1" compression driver).  But if you are curious enough, would love to hear your opinion. Think this company makes some interesting speakers :D 

If one is looking for the Epic style driver arrangement in the present day,  JTR speakers are worth a look.  They come in 2 way and 3 way designs with a coaxial center horn. Though a tad pricier than a used Epic.   

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Only by a few thousand.  What's a few thousand a pair on the klipsch forum?

Yes; checked the prices ... About $2-4000 ... but no indication if this is for each or a pair :(  Darn; only available in black ... going to pass :D 

One pair in PA used:
https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649523536-jtr-215rts/

There was a triplet of 215RT that I missed, priced about the price for the pair.

He paints the Noesis 210RT.  If you were interested in them, he will likely paint them for you.

I’d like to find some diy build plans for those

Dollar for dollar Klipsch has no equals
Name one other speaker company that can build a speaker and keep working like new after 45 plus years of service. Answer NO ONE !!!!!!
  • Like 1