NLA: Sansui AU-5900 int. amp, restored

Bonzo

I have a restored/re-capped Sansui AU-5900 amplifier for sale. The work was done in June of this year by a very good local tech. It sounds great and works flawlessly. Cosmetically the faceplate and knobs are in excellent condition. There are a few blemishes on the top and sides. It's rated at approx. 50 watts per channel and drives my Chorus II's very well. I'm only selling it due to being all in on a HH Scott 345 tube receiver. I would like $450 for it plus shipping and packing via FedEx ground. Local pick-up in Redding, CA is always welcome. I am willing to meet within a reasonable distance for the right deal. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask

Thanks,

Mark

Sansui Faceplate, 3.jpg

Sansui back.jpg

Sansui top, 1.jpg

Sansui Tech Notes.jpg

Sansui old parts.jpg

Sansui inside, 2.jpg

Sansui inside, 1.jpg

Sansui scuff, 2.jpg

• Like 1

For those who care about such things, like me, here is the DC offset readings for both channels. The amp was on approx. 30 minutes before I took the readings. My multi-meter is not state of the art but pretty accurate compared to more sophisticated meters I have used. I would say the output stage is petty healthy, at least as far as DC leakage.

DC Offset Left.jpg

DC Offset Right.jpg

• Like 1

I would like to clear $400 for it. My asking price will cover the first $50 of the actual shipping cost. If it’s more, the buyer will be responsible for the extra $. If less, I will refund the difference. Thanks