LaScala LSI, finally a pair of my own

TFR1

9 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Jerry,

do you mean the pair with the trim all painted black that they are asking $1,500 for?

Roger

Roger,

Yes. As I posted earlier, if I were closer and could take a good look at them, I think 12 or $1300 would not be a bad price.

Jerry

22 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

The picture isn't blurry.  There's bug screens across the front.2019-12-22 14.45.08.jpg

That's a beautiful floor, too.  Is it actual Terrazzo?  We had some refinished in Tampa when taking out carpet, and finding the stone floor underneath...

7 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

That's a beautiful floor, too.  Is it actual Terrazzo?  We had some refinished in Tampa when taking out carpet, and finding the stone floor underneath...

Epoxy and you are correct, the person that did it made it look fantastic. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Pete H said:

They were built for men to move, not snowflakes.  :P

They put the handle on the top hat that doesn't really need it yet leave it off the bass bin which does need it.  I realize you can't put anything in the horn path but handles like the one in the above picture on the one piece LSI should have been installed at the factory. 

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

They put the handle on the top hat that doesn't really need it yet leave it off the bass bin which does need it.  I realize you can't put anything in the horn path but handles like the one in the above picture on the one piece LSI should have been installed at the factory. 

All kidding aside, I agree with you, so quit bitchin& and install matching aluminium handles and be done with it.  If those handles were factory installed, they aren't even close to level and don't match the overall theme of the speaker.  Your best bet would be to put wheels on it and you will appreciate that much more than handles.  Assuming that there will be a storage location and a party location, the wheels will benefit you much more.  

7 minutes ago, Zim. said:

Are the bass bin input terminals recessed, in a bit of notch, on the rear of the cabinet?  The couple pairs I've owned were.  This is a built in handle.  One hand here, the other inside the front top edge of the doghouse and away you go.

But I screened the whole front of the dog house..............................................

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

You know what they say about assuming.

Once they go on the patio they'll stay put.

I didn't think that you would be moving them around the property, just changing positions on the patio area where they will live and play.  If you are moving them to the patio and they will never move around at all, then just carry them out there with your old as$ and get over it, but if on the other hand you will have them placed in a protected area for times when they're not in use and re position them for gatherings (even if that's a few feet one way or the other), then wheels make the most sense to me.  Is it that time of the month for you?  GOM 

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

They were built for men to move, not snowflakes.  :P

Correction, YOUNG men and not snowflakes. I can throw those bad boy around but my back kills me the next day.

I put handles on my single cabinet LS and they are easier to move than the splits. (at least for this old dude)

I believe they were worried about obstructing the base bin horn. The handles I put on the other pair are in the top portion.