LaScala LSI, finally a pair of my own

TFR1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I don't understand why they didn't put handles on the bass bins.  They could sure use them.

Did you see the photos in the post by a guy with LSIs a year or two ago?  He had a bright idea, which was to attach a pair of generic metal handles to the rear panels of his speakers, near the top.  The bright part was that he attached a pair of non-swivelling casters to the backs of the speakers, positioned to be less than an inch above the ground.  All four bits could not be seen from the front, keeping the speakers looking clean.

To move the speakers, he would just tip them back until they lifted off the floor, then it was easy to wheel them to wherever he needed them to be.  That system meant that they would normally sit solidly on the floor, with no air space under them, thereby not violating one of PWK’s Eight Cardinal Rules for Great Sound.

3 hours ago, Islander said:

To move the speakers, he would just tip them back until they lifted off the floor, then it was easy to wheel them to wherever he needed them to be.  That system meant that they would normally sit solidly on the floor, with no air space under them, thereby not violating one of PWK’s Eight Cardinal Rules for Great Sound.

I solved this by using casters with sockets.  When the casters are removed (they just pop out), the speakers sit maybe a dime's thickness off of the floor, and to be honest, in my application and to my ears, they sound the same whether the casters are on or not.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
22 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

The sharing of information to help each other, the years of yearning for what they finally scored. There are a lot of posts on here showing a lot of labor and expense and their results. I miss these guys and their help.

Randy, thanks for your help too. 

There are hundreds of these ... posts where the reply has been redacted.  

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Can you post a link there that was said?

Thanks...and welcome to the forum.

Yes it's like a tuning coil in an ANCIENT radio. Depending on how tight or loose it is screwed into the wood plate below changes the tweeter filter(Oops I meant balance) network......

here comes the :pwk_bs:. That's the BS button for those who didn't know. PWK used to flash it when stuff like this came about.