Primaluna or Line Magnetic ?

Kidd

On December 6, 2019 at 5:48 AM, Godataloss said:

Hope he never plugged that thing into this outlet in his video-

outlet.jpg

He is reviewing  electrical equipment while his home electrical wiring looks unsafe 'lovely !! " put the fire department on standby!!

On 12/6/2019 at 5:48 AM, Godataloss said:

Hope he never plugged that thing into this outlet in his video-

He plugged something into it. Note the line side is burnt, and the cover is on the floor below the receptacle.

He should have had common sense to park something in front of that before the youtube hi-fi show-and-tell

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, xoundmind said:

Sorry to unearth an old thread, but how can one price Line Magnetic amps. Their online presence distribution in the US is...limited. 

He actually works for them...no slag against the amps, of course. I might eventually own one, in fact. 

• 6 months later...

Hi, I know this is a pretty old thread but I’ll see if anyone is still around.

I'm comparing Line Magnetic v Primaluna, the one thing that PL seems to have is much more flexibility with tube selection. LM seems locked into 1 style of tube per amp. Is this correct?  Also, is counterfeit LM an issue, is China HiFi a viable resource? Both sound great 

I have both, and use them with la scalla's ii and k-horns, CWiii,  and forte iii's speakers. I love both, , i do have the dialog HP P/L, and in the L/M 508, and the  518  IA, (both 845 tubes).

I do listen to all, and. I prefer the 508: just magical sound, breathtaking. 

The P/L is powerful, clean, strong, and sweet sound.  

The L/M, which I prefer is just musical, exciting and so pure.  

I 'll go with L/M, , you will be very satisfied. perfect combination with Klipsch heritage speakers.

China HIFI is a trusted dealer. I bought from them many times before. You can roll the pre tubes on the L/M and yes one style , but different manufacturers for the 805/845 tubes. 

56 minutes ago, pallpoul said:

I have both, and use them with la scalla's ii and k-horns, CWiii,  and forte iii's speakers. I love both, , i do have the dialog HP P/L, and in the L/M 508, and the  518  IA, (both 845 tubes).

I do listen to all, and. I prefer the 508: just magical sound, breathtaking. 

The P/L is powerful, clean, strong, and sweet sound.  

The L/M, which I prefer is just musical, exciting and so pure.  

I 'll go with L/M, , you will be very satisfied. perfect combination with Klipsch heritage speakers.

China HIFI is a trusted dealer. I bought from them many times before. You can roll the pre tubes on the L/M and yes one style , but different manufacturers for the 805/845 tubes. 

Glad to hear, I’m a little nervous about China Hi Fi, I have nothing against China, just thought I read about counterfeit LM, and it does seem like the amount of similar looking products from China that just look rebranded is confusing. 

3 hours ago, VDS said:

Glad to hear, I’m a little nervous about China Hi Fi, I have nothing against China, just thought I read about counterfeit LM, and it does seem like the amount of similar looking products from China that just look rebranded is confusing. 

You can also try Musishare amps. I am using an X-7 with my Klipsch RF-7 III's, amazing sound and clarity, and has tons of power for these speakers, never runs out of steam driving my pair. It is affiliated with L/M, and the build quality is really exceptional, the included tube are also really good, i only swapped the rectifier and the pre tubes. Really nice quality all around. 

2 hours ago, pallpoul said:

You can also try Musishare amps. I am using an X-7 with my Klipsch RF-7 III's, amazing sound and clarity, and has tons of power for these speakers, never runs out of steam driving my pair. It is affiliated with L/M, and the build quality is really exceptional, the included tube are also really good, i only swapped the rectifier and the pre tubes. Really nice quality all around. 

I saw that u tube review of Musishare, it sounds similar in architecture to many others, it has many of same features. Did you buy through amazon? How long have you had it, any problems? How’s the bass? Very Interested , so many similar amps, like everybody I’m trying to buy without a demo, which is a little nerve raking!

On 8/19/2019 at 6:47 PM, pallpoul said:

LM  518 IA.+++

I have both amps, and love the LM 518 with my LSII. Much more musical and magical sound then my PL HP. Dialogue.

I’m debating these 2, can you describe both a little? I have no way to audio the LM 216, but they seem to be loved by everybody that owns them. I need something to smooth my Cornwalls, they have a little high- mid harshness with my PS Audio, thanks

On 8/5/2020 at 3:14 PM, VDS said:

I need something to smooth my Cornwalls, they have a little high- mid harshness with my PS Audio, thanks

It's more than likely not the amp.  The mids can be a little hot on those with stock crossovers and horns.