HERE I ASK THE QUESTION? FOR DUAL SUBWOOFER R-115SW IS VERY SMALL SPACE? IN A LIVING ROOM 13 x 31 feet, USED IN FRONT OF THE TV 13 X 12 FEET.

angelluisg

I have a living room 13 x 31 feet square, but espace used in home theater is 13 x 12 ..run system 7.2.4 ..I had SVS pb1000 and klipsch SW-110

different size..and brands ..now have R-115sw connected .was thinking was one is better dual before had. run audyssey but now subwoofer 

the truth, I don't know how to explain myself ... now the 115sw sounds, but the details of the other speakers do not sound as detailed as before, so I don't know, if it is very small space for such a large subwoofer? or have dual R-115sw to compensate. What do masters think?

Home theater 7.2.4 

AVR Marantz 7012 

Bluray 4k Panasonic DP ub820 

Front  klipsch RP-280F

Klipsch Center RP 504C  

Subwoofer klipsch R-115SW

Klipsch Surround back RB-41 II and 

Klipsch Surround rare Rp-402S

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA front

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp  500SA back

Panamax MR4300

Emotiva BasX A-700 (7 channels used, 2 pair Dolby Atmos front and back L-C-R)

living Room size 13 x 31 (403 sq feet complete) (used front TV is 13 x 12 sq feet)

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a “newbie” and would not consider myself a professional but home theater has been a hobby for almost thirty years. My experience is 2 subs work better than one. You may be able to use smaller subs and get more of what your looking. Best solution in most situations is in opposite corners of your front stage. I have always owned Klipsch. Got hooked at a young age. I have first gen RF-7s, and the Rc-7 for my front stage with recently purchased R-115sw’s in each corner and I couldn’t be happier. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If I understand you, Angel, you have 3 subwoofers, now.  I recommend you try them near, but not exactly, the center of each side wall and the center of the front wall.  Avoid the corners, you will get more even response mid-wall.  For more info search the forums for a research paper on "multiple subs". 

Not sure we fully understand ... you might try to add something to your question :)  

OK; not sure if 2-3 smaller subs would be better than a 15" one.  The 15" sub will certainly "dig deeper."  FYI, have a R-115SW in a very small (12x11x8) stereo room and it sounds pretty good ... and no room to add more :)  Check your crossover setting ... best setting depends on your "other" speakers. I use 50Hz as I play it with CF-3's which go down to 35Hz.

Cheers, Emile

@Emile

51 minutes ago, Emile said:

Not sure we fully understand ... you might try to add something to your question :)  

OK; not sure if 2-3 smaller subs would be better than a 15" one.  The 15" sub will certainly "dig deeper."  FYI, have a R-115SW in a very small (12x11x8) stereo room and it sounds pretty good ... and no room to add more :)  Check your crossover setting ... best setting depends on your "other" speakers. I use 50Hz as I play it with CF-3's which go down to 35Hz.

is 1 klipsch R-115SW  and  1 SVS pb 1000  , question is ? espace will be small for dual klipsch  R-115sw? and when you said crossover settings is in subwoofer behind.. or marantz 120 LFE? which one crossover settings?

for best dipp bass?

r-115sw panel.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

@JohnA thanks ..

1 hour ago, JohnA said:

If I understand you, Angel, you have 3 subwoofers, now.  I recommend you try them near, but not exactly, the center of each side wall and the center of the front wall.  Avoid the corners, you will get more even response mid-wall.  For more info search the forums for a research paper on "multiple subs". 

is only 2,  1 klipsch r-115sw and 1 SVS pb 1000 ...question is change SVS for another Klipsch R-115-sw ..is more bigger and more dipp base .IMO..? what do you thinks? i my small living room?

11 minutes ago, angelluisg said:

space will be small for dual klipsch  R-115sw? and when you said crossover settings is in subwoofer behind.. or

Might be amazing with dual R-115SW's ... but really don't think it's necessary for the small room.

Was talking about the crossover settings on the subwoofer itself ... BUT, if you are using LFE from your amp, your amp "sets" the crossover point.  Set it (in your amp) to say 10-20Hz above your L/R speakers and listen.  My R-115SW is set to 50Hz (on the sub) since my speakers go down to 35Hz. If I turn it up higher (like your 120Hz) it starts interfering with my speakers and the sound is horrible. Good luck :D 

@Emile

9 minutes ago, Emile said:

BUT, if you are using LFE from your amp, your amp "sets" the crossover point.  Set it (in your amp) to say 10-20Hz above your L/R speakers and listen.  My R-115SW is set to 50Hz (on the sub) since my speakers go down to 35Hz. If I turn it up higher (like your 120Hz) it starts interfering with my speakers and the sound is horrible. Good luck :D 

this settings is for movies or music? or both? let me see if I am understand..first. (amp marantz 7012)  speaker/crossover/ put in 10-20Hz then put my L/R (amp ) I have RP-280f crossover begins 40Hz? and subwoofer 50hz ok..and the (amp) crossover for sub what do you recommend? thanks

On 9/10/2019 at 6:08 PM, angelluisg said:

@JohnA thanks ..

is only 2,  1 klipsch r-115sw and 1 SVS pb 1000 ...question is change SVS for another Klipsch R-115-sw ..is more bigger and more dipp base .IMO..? what do you thinks? i my small living room?

Try the subs you have.  Put them about in the middle of the side walls in your listening area.  See how you like that.

Multiple subwoofers give more even bass in the room and reduce distortion at any sound level because each sub is not pushed as hard. 

Two R-115s will not be "too much" unless it is too expensive.  I run 4 in a 17' x 15' room.  http://pointillistic.com/vmps-audio/subwoofers.htm

• 8 months later...
On 9/10/2019 at 7:37 PM, Emile said:

The RP-280F's supposedly go down to 32Hz.  I would try to set your amp at 50Hz first ... after that you can "play" with 40Hz, 60Hz and higher :) Yes, both for movies and music :D  Have fun :) 

excellent was exactly as you said.. subwoofer both more bass , speaker more clear..  thanks  

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 9/10/2019 at 5:00 PM, Emile said:

Cheers, Emile

my new set up.updated

what do you think?

Home theater 7.2.4

AV Marantz Av 7705 (preamp)

Monolith 11X 11 channel (amp)

Bluray 4k Panasonic DP ub820

Front Klipsch RF7 III

Klipsch Center RC 64 III

Subwoofer klipsch R-115SW

SVS PB-1000 Subwoofer

Klipsch Surround Rear RP-402S

Klipsch Surround side Rp-600m

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA front

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp 500SA back

Panamax MR4300

living room size 13 x 31 (403 sq feet complete) (used front TV is 13 x 12 sq feet tree panel acoustic room back)

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 7:37 PM, Emile said:

The RP-280F's supposedly go down to 32Hz.  I would try to set your amp at 50Hz first ... after that you can "play" with 40Hz, 60Hz and higher :) Yes, both for movies and music :D  Have fun :) 

upgrade 7.2.4  Dolby atmos

now I have LCR Rf7 III , C rc64 III

R 402S side back Rp 600 

2 subwoofer rs 115 and pb 1000 

Av7705 + monolith 11x Xlr connections 

best crossoer settins recommended 

• Like 2

Keep the RF7s set to large no matter how many times the Audessey tries to set them to small. Let those babies ROCK! Set the sub outputs from 7705 to LFE+Main, defeat the crossover on the subs by setting it to LFE. Then start with the crossover @120Hz on the Marantz. Adjust it down to your liking.

But Hey I like bass!