College Football 2019

jimjimbo

Yes my favorite time of year is just around the corner college football and cooler temperatures. My Razorbacks don't stand a chance but hoping for at least a 500 season. Taking my dad up to "The Hill' Nov 2nd to catch a game as he has never been to one.

• Like 5

Clemson was sloppy in the first quarter, new guys and penalties and such. Even our qb messed up a few times.

Not like playing one of the teams that gives them trouble for a whole hour, but not bad for a half rebuilt Champion team!

I love this time of the year!  sucked that I couldn't watch Clemson last night, but I guess I don't pay enough to Directv.  PSU/Big10/Every other college team that's fun to watch.  On average, I will record 7-9 games every week and watch them as I have time.  From what I did get to see of the Clemson game, they again look like a pro team and can't wait to see them play a quality team.  

Pre season rankings area joke for the most part and though I'm PSU first and foremost, with Stevens transferring to Mississippi State and a lot of unknowns, I was a bit confused as to why they got ranked there.  Looking at the schedule, and I do hope I"m proven wrong, it could easily be a 9-3 or 8-4 season, the way I see it.  I'm not a Franklin supporter and don't believe he can recruit as needed to get that program back to where it should be, but we'll see.

Jim, I will be pulling for Michigan to beat OSU and IMHO, if they don't do it this year, and take the big 10, they'll be looking for a new coach.  

15 minutes ago, rplace said:

@DizRotus

I watched up to where the RB got knocked out of bounds in the air but still got it inside the pylon. Downhill after that I see reading about the booing in Detroit freepress online. Season is young time to buckle down. Go Green! (cept v UofM)

It was definitely downhill, at least offensively, after that acrobatic touchdown.  My wife would call better plays.

15 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Neither do I unless I'm at someone's house or at a restaurant that has it on.  Ranking talk makes me nauseous. 

Rankings are overrated, especially this early.  An eight team playoff is needed.  The champions of 5 power conferences and three more.  Until they go to 8 teams they should not again make the mistake of wasting a spot on Notre Dame.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, DizRotus said:

Rankings are overrated.

Yet sports shows can't shut up about them.  Who gives a ****.  You can fill in your favorite expletive.   There's an infinite ammount of win loss scenarios and they try to cover every one.  They even have pre season rankings.  What???  That's channel changing stuff for me.

• Like 1

^^^^^

=== hey, when there is ESPN 1,2,3, plus and every variant from other networks, E on 24/7, they have to dream up “news” to keep the talking heads mouths moving. No matter how mundane or irrelevant — . And for me, college football, err NFL minor leagues, is a non-starter. Could give a rats behind — 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, richieb said:

^^^^^

=== hey, when there is ESPN 1,2,3, plus and every variant from other networks, E on 24/7, they have to dream up “news” to keep the talking heads mouths moving. No matter how mundane or irrelevant — . And for me, college football, err NFL minor leagues, is a non-starter. Could give a rats behind — 

I can't believe that we actually agree on something.   The apocalypse must be forthcoming. 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Follow the money....

For sure

I went to the Navy v Notre Dame game in Ireland in 2012. Easily 10 to 1 Irish fans. They have money, they travel EVERYWHERE, they move ratings. Golf channel type demographics. If you are on Madison avenue who do you want to target.... Alabama fans or ND? Even people that didn't graduate from ND are over the top fans. Why do you think so many night games?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1