College Football 2019

jimjimbo

24 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

MSU did not look consistently good.  Even after that turnover TD Sparty failed to cover.  They can’t play like that against OSU, Wisconsin, or Michigan and win.

In the end it did not matter.... they won, but why not just get a TD at the end of the game? All that BS and kick a FG. Just punch it in from the 1 and let your D do the right thing.

35 minutes ago, rplace said:

In the end it did not matter.... they won, but why not just get a TD at the end of the game? All that BS and kick a FG. Just punch it in from the 1 and let your D do the right thing.

I don’t disagree, except Indiana wanted MSU to score a TD so they would get the ball with some time left.  Notice that Hoosiers made no attempt to stop a TD. It’s almost always a good idea to not do what your opponent wants.  Remember the briar patch?

• Like 1

Hey I might be closer to Babel Hill than Chuck is and I'll say that I didn't fall asleep in the third...but it was in the afternoon.

It was repeated over and again how Swinney was "tutored" by Brown when he was placed as the interim head coach there at Clemson a few years back.

Think Mack Brown held a little info back?

On to Sparty next Saturday evening @ the Shoe.  The Buckeyes will be turning off ESECPN, the radios and not reading the papers for the most part.  It's all about focus from here on out.  I seem to remember that loss against Virginia Tech a couple years ago that cost them their playoff spot.  They do too!  So well see how things progress from here on out.  

Bama was interesting yesterday in allowing almost 300 yards from a team using a non-option offense.  I'll never understand why NC ran that 2-point conversion play.  A tie in regulation and going into OT would have spoken volumes for former Texas Coach Mack Brown's program.  Afterall, they lost the week before to Applachain State???  I thought it kinda funny at  the end of the game when Dabo held his hat up and whispered in Mack's ear hiding his lips. Telling him thanks perhaps?  hahaha 

@Tarheel so what's goin on down your way brother?  lol

Glad to see former OSU QB Joe Burrow shine @ LSU.  He's a great kid who wasn't gonna sit another year @ OSU.  He's darn good and tough too.  A winner in more ways than one!

I see a few weaknesses in the SEC this year and really wonder who's number 1?  The B1G isn't gonna be a cakewalk either.  Its still early and things are starting to shake out. 

Who will win it all?  Or should I ask the question at Thanksgiving?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Five games into the college football season, four quarterbacks are putting up passing numbers that have rarely been seen in the game’s history. All four, who have combined to throw 68 touchdown passes and only three interceptions, are way ahead of any previous Heisman Trophy’s winner's pace other thank Oklahoma’s Kyler Murray (2018) after one month of the season. It's also worth nothing that three of the four are transfers. Check these out:

Oklahoma’s Jalen Hurts: 66-of-85 (77.6 percent), 1,295 yards, 12 TDs, 1 Int., 249.9 rating. (5 TDs, 443 yards rushing).

Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa: 113-of-148 (76.4 percent), 1,178 yards, 23 TDs, 0 Int., 225.1 rating. (2 TDs, 218 yards rushing).

LSU’s Joe Burrow: 100-of-124 (80.6 percent), 1,520 yards, 17 TDs, 2 Int., 225.6 rating.

Ohio State’s Justin Fields: 81-of-116 (69.8 percent), 1,092 yards, 16 TDs, 0 Int., 194.4 rating. (7 TDs, 223 yards rushing). .

By comparison, Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence, the pre-season co-favorite for the Heisman: 84-of-136 (61.8 percent), 1,131 yards, 8 TDs, 5 Int. 143.7 rating. (4 TDS, 100 yards rushing). -by Jeff Snook USA Today

13 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Anybody want to lighten the load in my wallet and take Michigan to win over Ohio State  :D

Good luck w/that one!  Although there are lurkers hangin around.  lol  +28?  lol  Game at a time and anything can happen.  Lil food for thought?  Any other Division 1 FIRST year head coach ever win a National Champiionship?  Ya ALWAYS reach for the stars but inside you know it's a game at a time and on any given day...  Plenty of good teams out there right now and it's still early.  Game at a time.

2 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Good luck w/that one!  Although there are lurkers hangin around.  lol  +28?  lol  Game at a time and anything can happen.  Lil food for thought?  Any other Division 1 FIRST year head coach ever win a National Champiionship?  Ya ALWAYS reach for the stars but inside you know it's a game at a time and on any given day...  Plenty of good teams out there right now and it's still early.  Game at a time.

I am born and raised in Ohio, we live and breath to kick Michigans ***. A game at a time is fine, but if someone wants to take both Michigan teams, well that's alright by me as well.  :D By the way 8 wins in a row  against Michigan Wolverines sounds pretty doable to me, even if we did loose Urban !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

I am born and raised in Ohio, we live and breath to kick Michigans ***. A game at a time is fine, but if someone wants to take both Michigan teams, well that's alright by me as well.  :D By the way 8 wins in a row  against Michigan Wolverines sounds pretty doable to me, even if we did loose Urban !!

I would probably thing twice before betting with someone who might be bluffing from Bluffton, Ohio.

JJK

• Haha 1

Yup, ya had me wondering too @derrickdj1!  Welcome back!  Spent the day in Cbus w/Corney Green and a host of other formers.  Then slipped into our tailgate group's homecoming dinner.  Had a few laffs w/Shelley Meyer.  I can neither confirm nor deny that Urban Meyer will EVER Coach in ichigan.  hahahaha!  Didn't happen w/o a pic?  Yup, got one if ya want it.  I'll also tell ya this, she knows more about football than most men do.  She's a great person in every way and when we bump we always have a laff about something.  

21 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Ok just a couple things I see...  There is no letter just an .  Sparty is cool, they'll handle ichigan, if not they count on us to and we usually do.  The ANY given day factors in with ANY game.  Yup, we lost Urb alright but I can tell you this much Ryan Day and the team is on a mission and he knows his stuff.  Urb's feeling MUCH better leading a stress free life.  It's actually a great mix of older/younger Coaches.  Factor in the 1% of the Studs that WANT to try to hit the NFL and the recruits for the next couple years?  Just gets better every year imo.  BTW @jimjimboHarb's had better line up a STELLAR sleep-over soon or you're going to lose a 4-star ichigan player he thinks he has locked up.

Waaaay to early for ANYthing but "doable" is ALWAYS a good thing.  I'm down for that on Nov 30th.  Lotta ball before that one.  Game ON Saturday evenin w/a 7:30 kick on ABC.  Should be a great game.  Sparty ALWAYS comes in to win!  Of course I'm nuts but I'm a Buckeye so yea, get used to it!  EVERYone has their "team" that's what makes it all great!  ANY team can win on ANY given day!

Why am I having this vision of @jimjimbo shakin up a martuni in Hope wearing that beautiful SCARLET OSU t-shirt for a day???  I mean they WERE the pre-season #1 team in the country...  Still may be in the hunt.  Ya can't count anyone out!

• Thanks 1