College Football 2019

jimjimbo

Interesting Saturday for sure.  MSU played a much better game than the score indicated, but didn't take advantage of the opportunities they had and made a ton of critical mistakes.

The Michigan/Iowa game was not what I expected but I'm now quite a bit more optimistic as we (PSU) get into a rough 4 game grind starting with the game in Iowa next week.  

Florida looks better than they have in quite a while,  and now they get LSU which should be quite a game.

Bama and Clemson will continue with their weakas$ schedules while much of the Big10 will beat each other in and out of the rankings.

Should be some really great games next week for sure.  Love this time of the year!  

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how Wisconsin does against OSU in a few weeks.  I expect MSU to fare no better against the Badgers next week than they did against the Buckeyes yesterday.

Seems to me the top 3 B1G teams, in order, are:

1. OSU;

2. Wisconsin; and 

3. PSU.

Unfortunately, as @Pete H says, the B1G teams will beat up on each other, while Notre Dame beats up on Bowling Green and and other teams that are not likely to win their respective conferences.  Beating Va. Tech, Michigan, USC, BC, Navy, and Stanford is not the same as winning a Power 5 conference championship.  Not to mention Brian Kelly is extremely annoying.

I will root against each team playing ND, even the Wolverines, so that one of the four playoff spots is not again wasted on ND.

• Like 2

Just as I expected last nite in the Shoe.  Smash-mouth football ALL nite long!  Sparty ALWAYS plays a great game and had it workin for a bit.  We adjusted for the short over the middle pass later that was working for them.  They also got to meet the Predator and crew coming in from the corners.  The D just keeps getting better it seems.  Fields throwing his first INT in 179 passes was bound to happen.  Victor w/that sideline run and diving TD?  That's some NFL stuff right there.  Dobbins also had a great game coming outta the backfield. Missed field goal early?  Ugh!  The thing that stood out was 10 penalties for 86 yards?  Come on man that's some stupid stuff right there.  Dantonio is a great coach and knows football.  He's one to be respected.  Sparty just picked up Jim Lachey's son who's just as good as his dad was at OSU before he went to the Redskins.  Good kid and will have an immediate impact.

Bye week this week then a Friday night game @ NW to begin the GRIND down the home stretch.  A GRIND it will be to with NW, Wisconsin, Maryland, Rutgers, Penn State and TTUN.  After that run we'll know more of what we really have and where their heads really are.

Go Bucks!    

• Thanks 1

Jonathan Taylor and the rest of the Badgers will be too much for Sparty this weekend in Madison.  Nevertheless, I will watch and root for my alma mater.

BTW, Madison is a beautiful town with a beautiful B1G campus.  I’ve visited most B1G campuses, and Madison is one of my favorites.  My least favorite is Champaign-Urbana.  I’m sure Illini alumni love their school and its town, as they should, but I’m not surprised at the difficulty recruiting talent to live in the middle of a cornfield.

@DizRotusI wouldn't count Sparty out.  Although they do have a good QB Taylor is just one dude.  Sparty might just step up.  Gonna have to watch that one also and jump back and forth hoping to settle in somewhere.  I don't count anyone out ever.  Wait, I take that back ichigan maybe.  lol

• Haha 1

On 10/9/2019 at 4:37 PM, Dave1290 said:

@DizRotusI wouldn't count Sparty out.  Although they do have a good QB Taylor is just one dude.  Sparty might just step up.  Gonna have to watch that one also and jump back and forth hoping to settle in somewhere.  I don't count anyone out ever.  Wait, I take that back ichigan maybe.  lol

Dave you were wrong.  Sparty was awful.  When your longest offensive play is a fake punt, your offense sucks.  

Wisconsin is very good.  The Badgers vs Buckeyes in two weeks will be fun to watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Diz, I actually thought Sparty would play a bit better than they did against OSU.  They didn't.  You're right on the Wisconsin game in two weeks.  Next Friday it's NW then Wisconsin the following Saturday.  ANYthing can happen from here on out.  Gonna be a grind for OSU from here on out.

JL, Some of the OSU fans are posting a meme of Justin Fields standing w/the caption:  UGA Fans You Miss Me Yet?  Kinda funny but I'm sure he's not discussing it.  Was kinda nice to see them go down though.  Bama's STILL the real deal as is Clemson!  Who knows??? 

• Like 2

How bout that 56 yard field goal to end the half?  Geez!  Next week it's gonna have to be FULL GO against Wisc.  So we shall see what shakes.  Tomorrow nights Penn State game should be a good one as well as others.  SEC has a few good games on tap too.  It'll sort!

• Thanks 1

Quite a few interesting games this weekend, but for me and @jimjimbo there's only one that's of primary importance.  If I wasn't working today I would be in Happy Valley.  My brother's there with the family and I'll be tuned in for sure.  For my daughters sake, I hope the Game ***** pull off another upset and hand Florida their second loss in a row.  

• Like 1