College Football 2019

jimjimbo

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Here's a thought to stir the pot:

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Article/Clemson-Tigers-Football--137617521/

It showed up in the feed on my phone.

1.  That thought didn't do much for me. lol

2.  Best game of the year against Boston College?  mmmm OK.  

3.  Wipe your phone it's time to stop some of those "robo feeds to your inbox" you're getting. 😂 😂 😎

• Haha 2

Sparty has a bye this week, but they managed to lose anyway.  Star linebacker Joe Bachie suspended after positive test for PED.  Detroit News columnist, Bob Wojnowskl, described MSU accurately, “ . . . it’s a bigger mess in East Lansing than a White Castle bathroom at 2 am.”  Wojo, a Wolverine, has got that right.

• Sad 1

Did anyone watch Baylor on ESPN Thursday as they went to 8-0 as my Mountaineers dropped to 3-5?  Final score was 17-14.

I thought the reffing was terrible in favor of WVU.  Refs missed a big call on the muffed punt in the fourth quarter when a WVU player CLEARLY interfered with the Baylor kid while attempting to make a catch.  Baylor punt returner turned his ankle as he stepped on the WVU guy and muffed the punt.  Gotta give them the room to make the catch.  Baylor kid did nothing wrong.

WVU was a 17 point underdog to the Bears but only lost by a field goal late in the game.  WVU's coaching was unimpressive as they failed to call a time out late in the fourth on their own FG attempt to tie the game.  The kicker made a 41 yard attempt but that was wiped out because they were one second late on the play clock as the ball was reset five yards deeper for a 48 yard attempt.  That one was blocked.   That was the game.

Baylor will end up with a fine season but I don't think they can hang with Oklahoma or Texas.  The Sooners will be the flag bearer for the Big 12 but are OUT of the national championship race IMO.  WVU will not be able to find 3 wins in the next 4 games to become bowl eligible. 

There's always next year.

• Sad 1

Anyone have any ideas for a new Hogs coach?   Very painful time for the Hillbilly state. I think those folks, the boosters and the BOT have more money than sense up there. They have diluted that program to the point that I don't know of any half way decent name will show.  I feel really bad for the players.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

So Rich @rplace

Please tell me you took the time to travel to College Park yesterday.

Too much to do around the house. Watched the opening kick returned for a TD. Michigan stop MD, then score to go up 14 early. Spent the rest of the day putting pool and lawn furniture in the attic.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Max2 said:

Anyone have any ideas for a new Hogs coach?

Ummmmmmm, possibly Urban Meyer if USC and ichigan don't grab him first. lololol  Seems like he's going EVERYwhere these days.  May as well toss his name in the hat down your way!  :)

Next Saturday is gonna be kind of interesting in SEC land when Bama and LSU match up.  That game is 1-LSU (8-0) at 2-Alabama (8-0), 3:30 pm ET on CBS. Two games among Top-25 Big Ten teams are 5-Penn State (8-0) at 13-Minnesota (8-0), 12 Noon ET on ABC and 16-Wisconsin (6-2) at 18-Iowa (6-2) 4:00 pm ET on FOX.  The B1G games are relevant only to viewers in the B1G.   The  Conference games will most likely be different in your viewing area.