College Football 2019

jimjimbo

16 hours ago, Pete H said:

I've watched every throw he's made this year and his long throws are wildly off 80% of the time (look at the interceptions) and he shorts many of the intermediate ones and has no touch on short crossing routes, many of them get deflected.  KJ makes some remarkable adjustments and their TE is fantastic and many times take a bad pass and make it work.  Their QB was going through progressions and throwing it on the money to the open receivers.  He was sharp.  Like you, I hate when my team loses, but I'm really happy for PJ and Minnesota.  

Think you're being a bit harsh on Clifford. It is his 1st year at the helm after all . Hopefully it will be sorted in time.

Sure, Minny QB looked great. He had no pressure at all on him the whole game. Same with the Michigan game.

Coaching and play calling was suspect as usual. Left me scratching my head at times. Mind you, I have 5 years under my belt as an arm chair college football coach so I know what I'm talking about.

Congrats to the Gophers. Couldn't happen to a nicer team.

Seeing him in post game interviews. Seeing him 40 feet away from me and on the giant screens when he had been given a rough time by Julius Peppers and our other good defenders when he went 3 and out a dozen times the first time they were here (Panthers 27-17) after our first SB disaster. When they showed him on the sidelines as our offense was back on the field looked like a spoiled po'd brat the way he was interacting with coaches and other players. Haven't watched anti-nfl since preseason 2015/16 season or been to a game since.

Did keep my Morgan #55 and Minter #30 & Hoover #45 jerseys though!!

22 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Seeing him in post game interviews. Seeing him 40 feet away from me and on the giant screens when he had been given a rough time by Julius Peppers and our other good defenders when he went 3 and out a dozen times the first time they were here (Panthers 27-17) after our first SB disaster. When they showed him on the sidelines as our offense was back on the field looked like a spoiled po'd brat the way he was interacting with coaches and other players. Haven't watched anti-nfl since preseason 2015/16 season or been to a game since.

Did keep my Morgan #55 and Minter #30 & Hoover #45 jerseys though!!

Sure, and all the other coaches and players are choir boys.....I get it.

16 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Sure, and all the other coaches and players are choir boys.....I get it.

Nope.

Only time I saw that was when they were either losing big or had lost.

That is the only reason I would watch him!! I admit the bias!

He could just be a sore loser!

But it's possible that pretty lady changed him?

Naaa

I correctly predicted that MSU would not cover against Illinois.  Hell, they not only failed to cover, they lost outright.  They were awful.

This week I predict that Michigan will not cover against MSU.  They should win at home against a very down MSU team.  If they win, it would be the fourth time in the last twelve games.  The Wolverines would be wise to put the Buckeyes out of their thoughts and focus on getting past Sparty, for a change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

College Football Playoff Ranking

WEEK 2

1. LSU (9-0)
2. Ohio State (9-0)
3. Clemson (10-0)
4. Georgia (8-1)
5. Alabama (8-1)
6. Oregon (8-1)
7. Utah (8-1)
8. Minnesota (9-0)
9. Penn State (8-1)
10. Oklahoma (8-2)
11. Florida (8-2)
12. Auburn (7-2)
13. Baylor (9-0)
14. Wisconsin (7-2)
15. Michigan (7-2)
16. Notre Dame (7-2)
17. Cincinnati (8-1)
18. Memphis (8-1)
19. Texas (6-3)
20. Iowa (6-3)
21. Boise State (8-1)
22. Oklahoma State (6-3)
23. Navy (7-1)
24. Kansas State (6-3)
25. Appalachian State (8-1)

+++

Oklahoma leads the 2-loss teams at #10.  Baylor at #13 is 9-0 getting no respect for near-losses and wins over inferior teams by slim margins.  There won't be a Big 12 rep in the CFP this year.

Well here ya go sports fans.  You wonder why OSU and other B1G fans call ESPN ESECPN?  Remember a one loss year against Iowa and a one loss year against Purdue keeping the Buckeyes out of the Natty?  Who's the one-loss team in this weeks rankings just release by ESECPN?  Hint?  South Carolina beat them...  

The second College Football Playoff rankings were just released on ESPN: 1-LSU 2-Ohio State 3-Clemson 4-Georgia 5-Alabama 6-Oregon. Other Big Ten teams in the Top-25 are 8-Minnesota 9-Penn State 14-Wisconsin 15-Michigan 20-Iowa. Notre Dame is 16 and Cincinnati is 17.

HAHAHAHA!  Come on man!  ANY way ya look at it ESECPN is gonna have TWO SEC teams in there!  Follow the money! 

Key games this Saturday, November 16, are Georgia at Auburn 3:30 EST, Minnesota at Iowa 4:00 EST, and Oklahoma at Baylor 7:30 EST. In other games North Carolina is at Pitt Thursday, November 14 at 8:00 EST. Ohio State is at Rutgers this Saturday at 3:30 PM EST. 

GO BUCKS!  

• Thanks 1

OSU DE Chase Young will be back just in time for Penn State after his NCAA 2-game suspension.  It was announced by Ryan Day at his Press Conference today.  The Predator is gonna be HUNGRY!  When asked to respond to the Statement made by TTUN's Defensive Coordinator last week about how "OSU should be careful cause they were just hitting their stride."  Coach Day simply responded "No."   hahaha