College Football 2019

jimjimbo

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Yes, that would be the EIGHTH game in a row!

But alas....they showed during the game Michigan leads the (consecutive win) streak at 9-8 so Ohio State has to win next year to tie the streak.

One thing that befuddled me for Michigan....  is when they pulled Dobbins' shoe off.  Clearly showed during replay that two of them did that.

I'm scratching my head....  if I'm Michigan and Eak (<--spelled that way in honor of an old friend of mine who had that as a last name)  Anyway, if they Eak out a win, people would talk about this 'dirty play" and it would be sullied.  I would have wanted a clean win.  (I don't think they had any other plays that were questionable so good for them!)

Was just stupid & dumb.

Now to come fully out in the open (for those who might not know)....  I grew up going to OSU games as my Grandfather went there and my father was always enamored with their band.  (Dad & I both went to Miami of Ohio).  So been going to those games for 50 years.

Now, my "OTHER" team is the Bengals.

So now we have fully undefeated Ohio State rocking & rolling.....  then we have the fully defeated (winless) Bengals showing the other extreme.

Sigh, please let me enjoy my dichotomy in peace.  After all, Bengals might win tomorrow and screw up their draft standing.

:(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Coytee said:

But alas....they showed during the game Michigan leads the (consecutive win) streak at 9-8 so Ohio State has to win next year to tie the streak.

One thing that befuddled me for Michigan....  is when they pulled Dobbins' shoe off.  Clearly showed during replay that two of them did that.

I'm scratching my head....  if I'm Michigan and Eak (<--spelled that way in honor of an old friend of mine who had that as a last name)  Anyway, if they Eak out a win, people would talk about this 'dirty play" and it would be sullied.  I would have wanted a clean win.  (I don't think they had any other plays that were questionable so good for them!)

Was just stupid & dumb.

Now to come fully out in the open (for those who might not know)....  I grew up going to OSU games as my Grandfather went there and my father was always enamored with their band.  (Dad & I both went to Miami of Ohio).  So been going to those games for 50 years.

Now, my "OTHER" team is the Bengals.

So now we have fully undefeated Ohio State rocking & rolling.....  then we have the fully defeated (winless) Bengals showing the other extreme.

Sigh, please let me enjoy my dichotomy in peace.  After all, Bengals might win tomorrow and screw up their draft standing.

:(

Speaking oof the Bengals, there's a restaurant owner in Cincy that won't come down from the rooftop of his business until the Bungles win. He's prepared to stay up there for the season, then resume that position at the start of next season if they go winless. Now that's dedication.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Coytee said:

Yea, I agree but after blues first score when Dobbins fumbled and caught it on the bounce then picked up a few more yards?   Seriously WHY would anyone want to steal a shoe?   HAHAHA!

78665018-2493734514184859-59685927942797

8 hours ago, Deang said:

Ah, explains the butt hurt.

Butt hurt?  Poor fellas but it happens.  Kinda reminds me of one of my favorite songs that ends like this:  Number 9, Number 9, Number 9!  Afterall, it was only a 29 point loss.  That 9 just keeps popping up.  Next year's "Revenge Tour version 3.0" should be stellar.  Our 9th win in a row!  😂   😂   😂  Pass the hot sauce please oldtimer!

Aside from the trite stuff there was some pretty good ballin today.  Clemson rollin, LSU hammerin, Georgia, Utah and Wisconsin earning the right to play the Buckeyes in Indy.  Second time around could happen for Wisconsin.  Who knows it's just another game.  

Harbs.jpg

@Ceptorman 

Ohio State... 8 straight Wins (15 out of 16).

Michigan holds the Win Streak record of 9 straight wins (1901 - 1909)...

40-26 would be a good question to pose to the Uni.  Dunno.  Googled it but didn't see anything.  

• Haha 1

Growing up a fan of Ohio State....  I still have to admit I feel some empathy for Michigan fans.

I know how terrible it feels to watch (in my case, the Bengals) do terrible for (in their case) so many years.....  it's a terrible feeling.

Michigan has lost the last 8 games to their most hated rival (if I understand their situation correctly).

That would suck on a major scale.  

• Like 1

The weekly Associated Press Football Poll was just released. 1-LSU 2-Ohio State 3-Clemson 4-Georgia 5-Utah 6-Oklahoma 7-Florida 8-Baylor 9- Alabama 10-Wisconsin. Other Big Ten teams in the top 25 are 12-Penn State 15-Minnesota 17-Michigan 18-Iowa. Notre Dame is 14 and Cincinnati is 21.

Ohio State will face Wisconsin for the Big Ten title Saturday evening in Indianapolis. The Buckeyes defeated the Badgers 38-7 at Ohio Stadium on October 26. 

19 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Hey, Bama, got another sec?

Was here when this was posted and tried to reply....

This and this site only slowed to a crawl and after I'd typed it and could not get it to post I'm almost finished with this place.

Couldn't log on with the phone or with the never used `cept for html videos msft edge.

For you `Bama fans this year ended with tough luck, sorry `bout that but the rest of the team could not make up for what that superstar Tua T can do.

Glad that our second string Brice can score for our guys, he gets the second half reps most games in case you didn't know.

Missed the Iron Bowl it's gonna record on the third, those Tigers did good too!

• Haha 2

On 11/30/2019 at 5:25 PM, Coytee said:

Ah yes, TTUN's glorious win streak of 1901 through 1909! Those were the days. 

Here's another from the way back time machine, OSU is leading the series since 1908 – OSU 51-50-5 

Go Bucks! 

Cincy

ps. The best way to stop paying attention to the Bungles is to move further south! 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cincymat said:

ps. The best way to stop paying attention to the Bungles is to move further south! 

PSS:  I moved to Tennessee....  didn't work.....  moved to Florida for 3 years.....didn't work.....  now that I think about it....  I once went to Peru, S. America.....  I think the Bengals went to the Superbowl that year.  Perhaps I need to brush up on my Spanish.  OMG, just think what could happen if I moved to the South Pole.....  nah.....can't do it, wife would still tell me I'm not far enough away... :blush: :emotion-14:

• Haha 2