College Football 2019

jimjimbo

Ohio State has a strong enough resume to keep the #1 seed.  Then LSU, Clemson and I think Oklahoma.

OSU should easily overpower OK.  The Sooners played good in the early season but just OK down the stretch.

Nobody wants to play Clemson because they are hot, so I'll pick them to beat LSU.

Ohio State beats all comers in the national championship game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Ohio State has a strong enough resume to keep the #1 seed.  Then LSU, Clemson and I think Oklahoma.

OSU should easily overpower OK.  The Sooners played good in the early season but just OK down the stretch.

Nobody wants to play Clemson because they are hot, so I'll pick them to beat Clemson.

Ohio State beats all comers in the national championship game.

The Buckeyes gave the Wolverines a bloody lip in their own house, the rest is just gravy to me. :D

Go Bucks !!

• Haha 1

I - O!      NEVER A DOUBT!  Mumbled a bit but that's normal.  Second half?  Ha Ha Ha!  Hatin yet haters?

ALL joking aside, OSU is gonna have to get healthy in 3 weeks and they're gonna have to take and PLAY their A game!  Put those B1G pants on.  Tonight was just a rematch w/a team we played a few weeks ago.  We roll into that Natty we better be ready for both Clemson AND LSU.  Their big, tenacious, and just plain nasty.  They're also fast, fast, fast!  LSU didn't play well the first half and Clemson is just Clemson.  Joe Burrow is an incredible athlete, he can run well and he's smart.  They're the total package.   He's the Heisman winner imo.  That team is LOADED as is Clemson.  Clemson has prolly been the most physical team in the NCAA for the last 3 years.  Dawgs on that D line, 6'6" QB who can sling it and a great back. Ya can't HATE anyone cause you're always gonna be behind your school.   It's just a competitive spirit.  Simple!  Next year I might make a cake instead of cupcakes!  😂

• Like 3

OK, I'll back up the Incredible Dabo & Brent Show.

Our Offense and our Defense are better units statistically than last year when we had Wilkins & Co. 

@wvu80 Let me tweak what you said about "Nobody wants to play Clemson because they are hot"

Actually this team plays better the further the season goes each year.

Different players, different circumstances... similar results.

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Postgame-notes-for-ACC-Championship-34464

...before y'all say the Tigers have a weak schedule.... recall the last few years of post season play. They will impose their skill & will on the best!

They don't "play the other team", they're bringing the game (the coach's game) to the field each week.

It's gonna take something great to knock them down, haven't seen it from another team yet lately.

LSU came down the field quickly several times yesterday. Going to pull up the OSU comeback in a few and get ready!

• Haha 1

I would really like to see an expanded playoff but the 4 teams that are deserving are in.  People are going to argue about who is positioned 1,2 & 3 but beyond that, they're not going to have any debate about which 4.  Personally I believe it's LSU in the #1 spot and it almost seems like they're poised to win the championship, but you have to play the games.  Love watching Burrow command the field and clearly be the leader of that team while maintaining humility and respect for everyone around him and his coaches.  I've said it from the first time I watched him at LSU, it's already his Heisman and he will be the #1 pick in the draft.

Day, IMHO, is a better head coach for OSU than Urban.  Totally different vibe from him and makes great adjustments when they were completely out schemed in the first half.  All my OSU friends were whining the first half and I just kept telling them to have faith in a great coaching staff because they will make the right adjustments.  I'm not sold on Fields, though I think he will be a great college QB for OSU, 

Clemson, what can I say, I've really like Dabo as a coach and motivator and you can't deny what he has done which is nothing short of amazing.  Trevor will continue to grow and barring injury, is probably a top 10 draft pic when he decides to enter the draft especially with them developing his scrambling and run ability.  Dabo has played the "can't get no respect card" very well and they will be ready for anybody.

Sooner's just need to change there defensive views and staff the same way that LSU did on their offense and they will take that next step, but they aren't winning a national championship until they do that, but should provide a much more interesting match up for whoever ends up in the 1 slot.  

Love this game!

• Like 1

I live in UT (University of TN) area...  they're as nutso here as anywhere I've seen about their team.

When I first moved here (out of Big 10 territory) I recall telling my wife with what was probably a rather smug attitude....  "I sure wish UT would play a blue blood team like Ohio State and find out what it's really all about......"   (or some close paraphrase of that)

Seems a handful of years later, it just so happened that UT and OSU did meet.  In the Sugar Bowl as I recall AND Ohio State had big bad Eddie George at the time.

UT simply kicked them up & down the field and made them look silly.

I've toned down my rhetoric a bit since then.

(perhaps a different way to say I've learned much about and gained greater respect for the SEC)

• Like 1

Legend has it.....

Joe Burrow knew he would win the Heisman at LSU back in 2005... he decided to attend OSU so that his home state/home team could claim him when he won it.  😂 

Yup, OSU/Clemson Dec 28th in Glendale, AZ.  Where is my youngest going to be since she lives there?  Here in Ohio for the holiday's.  There goes my seats with my lil girl, lodging and designated driver for the game.  I hate my life!  😂

13 hours ago, JJkizak said:

But the coaching corrections for the second half were like Belicheckian.

OSU had a lot of NOT good things happen on both sides of the ball in the first half.  Day learned tons from Urb and  just rolled out the battle plan at halftime.  The Buckeyes have 3 weeks to prepare and get healthy.  After the hit Fields took to that knee early on he wasn't right.  That just wasn't him out there and it was obvious.

Here's another tiny bit of info I found out about.  Ohio State defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley apparently has an offer to become head coach at Boston College. If he decides the job is attractive enough to accept, that could bring some major adjustments into the Buckeyes’ preparation on that side of the ball.  Time will tell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

As I think someone said in the thread previously, (Ohio) will be exposed for the frauds they are, thank you to Clemson (again).

And, the rich get richer......Citrus Bowl.  What fun......

Michigan couldn't get it done in their own house now could they crybaby?

Last 8 in a row, 16 out of the last 17 games? Ha-Ha-Ha !!

Roger

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pete H said:

Though I hope you are wrong, I fear that you are correct. 

Believe me after UofM letting me down once again against OSU (I'd be fine with them going 1-11 as long as that 1 was the right 1) beating Alabama would be nice. I'll be pulling for them and PSU and Indiana and, and, and...Maybe even OSU. Going down the matchups I predict of the 9 bowl games the B1G comes out on top maybe 3. Auburn v Minnesota, yikes! I can't believe MSU even got a bowl game. I guess these days everyone gets a trophy just for participating so why should this be any different?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1