College Football 2019

jimjimbo

On 12/9/2019 at 5:32 PM, Pete H said:

I will be pulling for all of the big 10 and I do hope that OSU beats Clemson only because I want to see them go head to head with LSU, assuming they handle the Sooners as expected.

I mean, how good is OSU? I figure they have a rather inept coaching staff - they had Joe Burrow and let him get away from them.😁 They let the likely Heisman winner go to an SEC school that is now top seed in the CFB playoffs, and OSU might have to face their former player. Joe would really like that to happen, but I think Clemson is going to win against OSU on December 28, setting up an LSU versus Clemson Championship game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't say a bad word at all about Joe Burrow.  He's a great kid and one heck of a baller.  When Fields hit the transfer portal and came to OSU Joe knew him and knew he was much more mobile than he was.  It's not rocket science in that respect.  He also knew Fields would beat him out of the starting job because he's young and a great out of pocket mobile QB.  Joe asked leave and the staff accepted and respected his decision to do so.  ALL the players know and respect Joe but IF they meet you have to take that into consideration so that's a plus for OSU.  LSU knows Fields too from Georgia.  There's talent on both sides of the ball and the "inept" staff will have to deal with it and they will.  Joe is now the enemy and will be treated as such.

Clemson has some weaknesses but their major plus is what I stated above.  It's gonna be a ball game  that's for sure.  I'll stand behind the Buckeyes but they're going to have to have a great game from everyone involved.

It's  game at a time.

Speaking of transfer portals perhaps Jim Harbaugh is entering it this year but I doubt anyone will pick him up!  😂

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

I can't say a bad word at all about Joe Burrow.  He's a great kid and one heck of a baller. 

You won't have to worry about him, after Clemson destroys OSU, you won't see him on the field ever again.  But you will see him holding the Heisman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't have a problem at all with Joe holding the Heisman.  Not one bit!  He was Ohio's Mr Football and great in high school.  I think you'll find ZERO resentment from anyone in Ohio as to him winning the Heisman.  He did what he wanted to do and that was his choice and OSU honored that.  Fields was just a better fit for OSU's offense and Joe knew it.  He'll do VERY well in the NFL. 

By the way.  Lost Mr Football from ichigan this year?  Committed to OSU already.  Sad. 

As far as the Clemson game goes I'll back my team win or lose.  "Destroy" is such a harsh word to use and just a fleeting thought  of yours I'm sure.  Here's a better way to use it I think, but then again I dunno.  Just another fleeting thought.  Bama IS going to destroy ichigan.  😂   Thoughts are thoughts but ya leave it all on the field at the end of the game win or lose.

• Like 2

I have no problem with Joe winning the Heisman either, he is a great QB. But....the Heisman is suppose to be for the best college player, and that would be Chase Young. Joe just did not fit into OSU style of offense. LSU was willing to change the style they played. That decision has helped Joe and LSU become one of the best teams in college football. Joe will go on to the NFL and become a very good QB, as long as he gets the right coaching. 

jimjimbo why do you have so much hate for the Buckeyes?? Just don't see you saying much about your team doing anything against Bama or any other team for that matter. Your like the little kid at the play ground. When you can't beat up the kid who whooped you, you tell him your going to get your BIG brother to do it. Your team has not had a signature WIN in how long?? We as OSU fans love the Wolverines as we can count on ONE thing during the year, A WIN!! You may want to lay off of college football for a while, it seems to raise your blood pressure and that's not good for you. You might want to consider rooting for the Wolverine Tiddlywinks team, I hear they are pretty good.

• Haha 2

Think @jimjimbo is trying to muster up some umpf! for his side. It's hard to read emotion on a screen.

12-13 @agreen60 you're right, I was mistaken. An intervention is needed, check the star wars 9 thread.

Burrow is probably a shoe in for the Heisman. Gotta count the hatred from the rest of the country for the Carolina's teams in there. :blink:

But then why is it that so many millions have moved here that are all freakin' litterbugs and just plain inconsiderate folks. First from the north, then ten time worse from way south- southwest of here. Never had negative feelings towards another geographic region until they came here and started their bit*-in! Just gotta relieve that pressure valve and let `em know right back!

Our wide-receivers coach left for South FL the first of this week,  we might poach from some other team next summer to get another good one. Sure that someone else would like to move here!

310.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, EmilC said:

Ok Buckeye fans. Back off Jimbo.

You guys are getting a bit mean spirited. It is the Holidays after all

Back Off??? Were not the ones talking crap. Let's see Called us OSU fans dickheads, Hopes Columbus gets blown off the face of the earth, some snide comment about Ohio Corn Hole. If he can't run with the big dogs he needs to stay on the front porch. Just like his team! He sure likes to attempt to dish it out! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, agreen60 said:

Back Off??? Were not the ones talking crap. Let's see Called us OSU fans dickheads, Hopes Columbus gets blown off the face of the earth, some snide comment about Ohio Corn Hole. If he can't run with the big dogs he needs to stay on the front porch. Just like his team! He sure likes to attempt to dish it out! 

• Haha 3

So much love.  I'm over-whelmed.    BTW, those pesky Buckeye basketballers aren't looking too bad either.  9-0 and hangin @ #3 in this weeks AP poll while ichigan is #5.  Oh wait, that's another thread but it's waaaay early yet so that will change.  Sorry!  Just warms my heart a bit though.  No place in today's world for hate yet so many do.  Just ball games and yup.  GO ARMY!   

• Like 2

16 hours ago, agreen60 said:

Let's see Called us OSU fans dickheads, Hopes Columbus gets blown off the face of the earth, some snide comment about Ohio Corn Hole.

Looks like @jimjimbo forgot your science lesson when he was giving you buckeyes a good natured ribbing....

Why is Michigan's Lower Peninsula below the Upper Peninsula?

Because Ohio sucks!

Well, it was funny in 5th grade at the height of The Ten Year War Oh how I miss the good old days.

• Haha 2