College Football 2019

jimjimbo

Two days ago:  Riss, when you coming home from Phoenix or Xmas?

Tonight  Riss???  Did you see my txt?

Dad, I'm in NYC.

Shopping?  You crazy?  Why not get it in Phoenix?

Dad, I was invited to attend the Heisman tonight.

WTF???  Uggghhhhhh...  She's havin fun though I'm sure of that.

36417.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

I knew it would be a tough place tonight for Joe.  Happy for him!  Great kid!

Even though I live in West Virginia, Joe is from Athens, Ohio, a half-hour from me.  Everybody from our area is pulling for him and follows how he does with LSU, even though this is Ohio State and WVU country.

I watched the Heisman ceremony, something I haven't done for years.  A more humble person they could not have found.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Please also bet the farm against Clemson.  I'll be at the foreclosure auction.

foreclose auction?

"Nay Nay"

*This isn't here for betting purposes, this site uses more thorough methods for ranking, analyzing and deducing facts and stats. (PERIOD)

https://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/clemson-ohio-state-betting-2019-12-28-1217607

1.jpg

2.jpg

It will be 29 wins in a row!

• Haha 1

This Heisman trip for the youngest is starting to TOTALLY make me wonder.   The moral to the story is NEVER give your children $$$ prior to Xmas to help them out WITH Xmas!

What's wrong w/the picture???  Nope, no prize for the correct answer.  :)

ELy-TJ7-XYAAVIEC.jpg

I guess if you're going to take a picture this is the place to do it from!  Has to be prior to the start of it all.

image.png

Best cheesecake in the world @ Juniors!  Just like Dad though opted for the choccy!

image.png

Now allll I have to do is figure out all the lil details.  She LOVES doing this crap to me too!  Sheesh!

• Like 1

@JohnJ She get's it honestly what can I say?  She ALWAYS tells me to NOT ask for autographs whenever someone's around she knows so I don't but geez.  She tells me they're HER friends not mine, so yea guess I have to respect that.  Told her a while back that I was having breakfast w/2x Olympic gold medalist Kyle Snyder.  No response from her but I'm sure she was wondering.  He was a guest speaker at a local church's morning breakfast group I attend.  Place was full so I slipped up and asked for a pic w/him and told him he prolly knew my daughter.  Said, "Oh yea, yea, yea I know her.  You're her dad?   She looks a lot like you.  She's great so we better get the pic now cause I'm outta here as soon as I'm done."  SCORE!  She didn't text me for a month or more!  Worth it?  Yea, I suffered but I'm NOT walking away from a photo-op with a TWO time Olympic Gold medalist!  Um, no...  NOT happening!   😂  😎

• Like 2

Incredible stuff right here!  Talk about raising some cash?

“Coming from southeast Ohio it’s a very impoverished area and the poverty rate is almost two times the national average. There’s so many people there that don’t have a lot and I’m up here for all those kids in Athens and Athens County that go home to not a lot of food on the table, hungry after school. You guys can be up here, too."

Those were Joey Burrow's words when he accepted the Heisman Trophy in New York City on December, 14th. Let's answer Joey's call to action by supporting a local nonprofit that serves food to more than 5,000 households in Athens County each year.  by Will Drabold a retired teacher and his wife who still teaches in that system.  

Athens County Food Pantry

2 hrs · 

Thank you Joe Burrow supporters and fans!

Athens County faces many challenges. Among them are poverty and hunger. We are the poorest county in the state and our food insecurity rate of 20% is the highest in our area and likely in the state. Low wage jobs and transportation issues add to the problem as well. Our all-volunteer organization has worked for 40 years to address hunger, an issue that continues to plague our community. We served over 400 families last month and those numbers hold steady.

For the fundraisers inspired by Joe Burrow, we are simply overwhelmed by the generosity of so many people! Our board will be having in-depth conversations about the best ways to use these funds. This is very new to us. We have never received an outpouring of financial support of this magnitude. We seek to be careful and deliberate in making these decisions, as the opportunities to further address food insecurity and hunger are numerous and the possibilities are nearly endless. If you have tried to contact us, and haven’t yet received a reply, please be patient. We have been swamped by the many messages and phone calls we have received.

On behalf of the board and our clients, merely saying thank you for this amazing show of support for our work cannot accurately reflect the depth of our appreciation! But those are the words we have so THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

This was posted about 7:15PM on 12/16/19.

At 9:15PM today 12/16/2019 more than 8,100 people have donated $276,235 to the Athens, Ohio Food Pantry from supporters of both teams and it's still rolling! 

9:45 it's now $286,395 by 8356 people!  This is INSANE!

Geaux Tigers and GO BUCKS!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

If I wasn't sick as a dog I'd............                           *       "We don't need no stinkin' Hype"!

Your old coach says the first seven minutes will tell the tale, well Urban was a seemingly good coach for a while.

I can tell you @Dave1290 ....

It might just take 60 minutes to get consecutive win #30.

If y'all get it, we will still be in the running for the next few years. Expecting a real good game tomorrow!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice game by Sparty today!  Had me worried but they did it!  Texas A&M w/a win and Iowa tying to win against USC.  Can't believe all this hype about the OSU/Clemson game tomorrow evening.  Youngest flew home tonight and is going to the game w/another OSU grad living in Phoenix.  She's stoked but doing what she does it's just another game for her.  She'll enjoy herself win or lose.  For fans it's gonna be a ball game and a half.  OSU fans will be there in full force and the way i have it figured there won't be too many Clemson fans there.  They'll be saving their money for that Natty in NOLA, which could help OSU.  Yea, I know @JohnJ but man this crap is hard to forget and I know the OSU Brotherhood hasn't forgotten.  Gonna be a ball game though!   hahaha

ball-jingling.jpg

Dabo, "Yea, just some good old fashioned Southern fun is all it was."   Molesticated on Natl TV not only by the ball jingglin but by the final score!  😂  😂  😎 

At least they didn't resort to trying to steal J.K. Dobbins shoe like ichigan did.  Seriously?   😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1