College Football 2019

jimjimbo

"Boomer Sooner" is the fight song for the University of Oklahoma. The lyrics were written in 1905 by Arthur M. Alden, an OU student and son of a local jeweler in Norman. The tune is taken from "Boola Boola", the fight song of Yale University. A year later, an additional section was appended, borrowed from the University of North Carolina's "I'm a Tar Heel Born".

Nothing original, unless you count the boring lyrics.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, polizzio said:

Burrow and Jefferson picking em apart! +20 still midway in the second quarter.

LSU up by 21 and even though Hurts has thrown a couple pretty passes it's over for OK. #1 is doing as expected!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

49 points in the first half, what a D!  Sooners should rename as 49ers.

49ers beat us (Saints) in an exciting shootout just a couple weeks ago. 48-46. Our defense just could not stop the niners. Saints weakness is the def secondary/pass coverage. I hate to say it but the Saints will not win a superbowl this year. The offense is stout but the def secondary is just average. Great def line and LBRs.

• Sad 1

Columbus Blue Jackets lost a bunch of players and now they're back to so-so hockey.

B1G is looking pretty good 4-0 today w/Penn States win.   Have watched Memphis a couple times this year and they're pretty good.  They've been getting better every year it seems.

Lil update on the Food Pantry in Joe's hometown.  To date they have received $491,209 and it's still rising.  With the win tonight we'll see how much more it jumps in the coming weeks.  They also decided to name the stadium there after him this week.

37 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

What else is on till eight o'clock?

Just look at it as therapy Jim.  If we lose you'll be happy and I'll be sad.  It'll last til morning cause either way the sun will come up in the morning if we lose.  Me on the other hand will be sitting back soon enjoying Bama griiiiind their cleats into TTUN.  They have ZERO chances of winning!  

This could help ya just a bit.  It's just a game.  Relax and breathe...  In with the good and out with the bad...  

Image may contain: one or more people, crowd and outdoor

:)

• Like 2