College Football 2019

jimjimbo

Whew I'm glad that game is over!  The sun WILL come up in the morning hopefully! 

Great ball game tonight.  I don't think anyone can dispute that. 

OSU left way too many points on the field in the first half having to settle for 3 field goals, couple calls by the officials but that goes with the territory and I felt they were good calls after the review, the roughing the kicker cost them 7, the last pass route and the int was one Fields won't ever forget.  Who ran/threw the wrong route remains to be seen. OSU D played well all evening and the targeting rule should be looked at a bit more imo.  Ya have a tall QB and a committed LB diving at you and you duck to get the helmet to helmet contact is it a fair call to eject a player for something he has no control over?  That's happened several times this year in games not just in this one.  Maybe a warning the first time and if it happens a second time eject?  Otherwise it was a solid game by both teams I thought.

Clemson WILL have it's hands full w/LSU.  Joe's rock solid and his receivers are better than Clemson's imo.  It'll sort in a couple weeks.

No whining here.  OSU went a lot farther than I expected them to.  Next year it'll be next man up and they'll be ready.  It's called a football program for a reason.  It's not about sleepovers and touring the world while producing a losing football team.  The whining will take place after the Bama/TTUN game unless the tails are tucked between their legs already.

“There's nothing in this world that comes easy. There are a lot of people who aren't going to bother to win. We learn in football to get up and go once more.”
-- Woody Hayes

• Like 5

Woody had more to say than just "..........You just got me fired"?           Good Quote

Coach Day and his staff are very good. They're losing one to the nfl too aren't they. OSU has had a good run of it before and they're set to do it right now again. Impressive.

They beat the snot out of us in the first half. We didn't show up, got some dings and hung in there. Starters played the whole game for maybe the first time this year and it did not show. Not our game that I'd like the masses to see. Their perseverance paid off.

Fields can throw a beautiful tight spiral, so can Burrows... the balls just float down the field like Joe Montana is back!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Whew I'm glad that game is over!  The sun WILL come up in the morning hopefully! 

Great ball game tonight.  I don't think anyone can dispute that. 

OSU left way too many points on the field in the first half having to settle for 3 field goals, couple calls by the officials but that goes with the territory and I felt they were good calls after the review, the roughing the kicker cost them 7, the last pass route and the int was one Fields won't ever forget.  Who ran/threw the wrong route remains to be seen. OSU D played well all evening and the targeting rule should be looked at a bit more imo.  Ya have a tall QB and a committed LB diving at you and you duck to get the helmet to helmet contact is it a fair call to eject a player for something he has no control over?  That's happened several times this year in games not just in this one.  Maybe a warning the first time and if it happens a second time eject?  Otherwise it was a solid game by both teams I thought.

Clemson WILL have it's hands full w/LSU.  Joe's rock solid and his receivers are better than Clemson's imo.  It'll sort in a couple weeks.

No whining here.  OSU went a lot farther than I expected them to.  Next year it'll be next man up and they'll be ready.  It's called a football program for a reason.  It's not about sleepovers and touring the world while producing a losing football team.  The whining will take place after the Bama/TTUN game unless the tails are tucked between their legs already.

“There's nothing in this world that comes easy. There are a lot of people who aren't going to bother to win. We learn in football to get up and go once more.”
-- Woody Hayes

Well said Dave.  I've followed Clemson for a long time as one of the teams and programs that I believe do it the right way regarding their priorities.  Dabo is a coach that though focused on winning takes pride in growing the kids into solidly grounded young men and making sure they understand the importance of the education they can obtain while playing football for Clemson.  

Obviously a PSU fan first, I don't pull for OSU, with the exception of games like this and wanting to see the Cinderella match up of OSU and LSU, but that's now in the past.  I find that too many fans see a game and calls through very foggy glasses and can't step back and look at it clearly, but you did although the incomplete pass/ catch fumble, IMHO could have gone either way on the review and watching the play live, it looked like a catch and a fumble to me, but I'm not an official with all the rules and details regarding reviews.  Coach Day was completely professional in his interview and though he was obviously emotional about the loss and some of the calls, remained controlled in his comments which I'm not sure many other coaches would have.  I really like him as a Coach, much better than Urban and wish we had him as a head coach.

PSU won the game and it was great to see the full stable of running backs looking good, but that's all I'm gonna say about that.

LSU and Burrow in New Orleans............................gotta play the game but my mind hasn't changed and my money is on LSU, but I really hope it's a great game that comes down to the wire.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I forgot to watch any football yesterday.

How many times did they show, or mention, Woody punching that Clemson player in 1978?

Not once that I saw. Our tigernet brings it up with the links each time we meet OSU this late in the season. * To be fair opponents bring up the "Got you by the ba#!s" thing this time of year also. Post-season competitive ribbing!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Soooooo many thoughts out there today by both the fans and the public.  Officals w/review decisions being wrong,   Was the pick 6 a stripped pass reception really a catch?  The touchdown by Dobbins call reversal?  The running into the kicker going for the block deep, which was Coach Day's call?  The final int, owned now by the receiver who thought it was an "out" pattern and went the wrong way,   Helmet to helmet contact on the ejection?  Gonna get that call EVERY time but the fact remains he led with the helmet.  It prolly saved Lawrence's life cause Chase You almost took his head off when he hit him.  Coach Day''s call on 4th and one throwing for a TD?  OSU w/more yardage?  Leaving points on the field in the red zone having to settle for 3 field goals?  ALL facts yet they didn't win the game.  Clemson's offensive game was stellar.  Some nice passes, great runs by Lawrence and the running backs.  I got my money's worth so it's all good.  It's game over now.

It's possible that OSU could lose as many as 14 players from this team.  The crop coming in?  The next men up?  Get ready for some MORE ball next year.

LSU and Clemson will be a great game.  I like Joe and I think they'll get the job done but who knows.

Didn't take long for the bandwagon ichigan fans to come  out.  Living dreams your team can't fulfill.   :)

Sooooo many thoughts out there today so YOU have to make the call not me...  Actually, I'm used to it by now.  I'm a browns fan too!   😂  😂  😂

• Like 2

8 hours ago, polizzio said:

LSU and Burrow will crush Clemson. LSU a 4.5 point fav right now.

How many times have I heard this in the past 4 or 5 years.

:lol:

We'll know soon enough, get your "fake" talking points ready.

If a defender gets ejected `cause he led with the crown of his helmet to another guys helmet?

Well rules don't matter to some.

If the ball is bobbling before it comes out of his hands?

It might be incomplete.

"Here's Your Sign"

Watched LSU twice this year unfortunately, yesterdays whole game. They are #1 for a reason. In a couple of weeks they'll be playing #1 for this past year.

Just hoping for a good game and heck I don't expect anything different to happen.

310.jpg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

How many times have I heard this in the past 4 or 5 years.

:lol:

We'll know soon enough, get your "fake" talking points ready.

If a defender gets ejected `cause he led with the crown of his helmet to another guys helmet?

Well rules don't matter to some.

If the ball is bobbling before it comes out of his hands?

It might be incomplete.

"Here's Your Sign"

Watched LSU twice this year unfortunately yesterdays whole game. They are #1 for a reason. In a couple of weeks they'll be playing #1 for this past year.

Just hoping for a good game and heck I don't expect anything different to happen.

310.jpg

Well you could always put your money where your mouth is. I take LSU and you take Clemson, straight up. Name your price.

Talk is cheap.

13 minutes ago, polizzio said:

Talk is cheap.

Please consider the thread you're in.

& be careful with the "experts" you trust

There are rivalries here

Just pointing out Coach Days whine last night. 

Not betting here there's not any left in my right pocket for years.

My two cents.

• Haha 1