College Football 2019

jimjimbo

@wvu80  Don't know if our posts look alike or not haven't read yours.  Just read mine and posted it.  Here's my take on all of this and something that has been eating at me for a year and I think Neil can relate to my thoughts.  Jim Lachey's son elected to go to MSU, which is fine.  It's his choice and w/his parents involved I'm sure they agreed.  Here's the hooker.  His dad was a former Buckeye, Washington Redskin w/countless Pro-Bowls and does color coverage every Saturday on the radio at OSU.  OSU wanted him to play but for whatever reason he went to MSU.  Possibly not getting a chance for playing time @ OSU or the academic angle.  I didn't know.  He did what he did.

Back in Nov. I mentioned to Neil I heard Coach Dantonio was stepping down and the replacement was going to be Luke Fickell who left OSU to become the replacement.  Luke recruited Lachey's son to go to Cinn yet he went to MSU.  Soooooo who knows what's gonna shake out.

Whoa!  Now this??? JUST saw it!!!

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2020/02/04/luke-fickell-michigan-state-football/4658067002/

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

My guess is that it was not entirely his decision.  The powers that were at MSU made a royal mess of things.

Yeah, and I just read the rest of the article.  I have a pretty good idea what's going on, now that there's a lawsuit involved.

• Like 1

Jimmy Olson cub reporter HAS left the building!  hahahaha

blue is also negotiating a long term contract w/Harbs.  6-8 years!  His present one isn't over til next season.  I hope they give it to him.  Can you imagine we could be on a 16 game win streak before he leaves?  HAHAHAHAHA!  GO BUCKS!

Dantonio’s football success is obvious.

I first met him when he was an assistant under Sabin.  We were showing our then young sons the MSU campus during a summer when the campus  was pretty deserted. The football facilities were closed and quiet.  Mark saw us outside and invited us inside. He gave us a grand tour.  Our boys were thrilled.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...