College Football 2019

jimjimbo

14 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Florida State now looking for a new coach.  What a deal for Taggart, I think he got 17 million to stop showing up for work.  

So is USC and the rumor mill has it that both Florida State and USC have eyes for James Franklin.

Not sure how I feel about that.

Just now, EmilC said:

So is USC and the rumor mill has it that both Florida State and USC have eyes for James Franklin.

Not sure how I feel about that.

I would be fine with that.  IMO, and as I've stated before, I don't think he's a great coach or hires great assistants.  I think he's done a decent job of recruiting, but beyond that, I've never thought he was the final answer.  More power to him if they want to pay him the big $$ to go, but I'm fine with PSU making a change if that happens.  

• Like 1

I think James Franklin would be a fool to leave PSU.  They like him, he is comfortable there, and personally I think he's a very good coach.

Rumour mill also has it that Lane Kiffin is interested in the FSU job.  As far as I'm concerned, they can have him, he's a jerk and has no sense of loyalty.

And, guess what...USC also has Urban "Don't mind at all if you beat your wife, and I'll be sure to look the other way and then lie about it..."  Meyer on their radar.  Good, then he will leave TV as a supposed analyst at which he really sucks at.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Pete H said:

I would be fine with that.  IMO, and as I've stated before, I don't think he's a great coach or hires great assistants.  I think he's done a decent job of recruiting, but beyond that, I've never thought he was the final answer.  More power to him if they want to pay him the big $$ to go, but I'm fine with PSU making a change if that happens.  

He did take the job nobody wanted just before the worst of the sanctions were to go into effect in 2014  and in 2016 he did beat Ohio Sate and won the Big 10 championship (  both something Harbaugh has not done 😁)

• Thanks 1

move along, nothin' to see here

Fake Rankings

No weak teams in the sec?  EVER?

Ha! same as every conference

https://www.tigernet.com/story/Swinney-calls-out-difference-in-ACC-and-SEC-schedule-rhetoric-18298

See ya in two months!

Edited by JohnJ
* I know ya don't care @oldtimer, thought I'd enlighten you anyhow!
  • Haha 1

I-0!

Breaking today in Cbus. 

Chase Young out until he's re-instated by the NCAA. 

This is from my friend Jeff Snook:

"Below is a statement from Chase Young himself ... if this is the entire story as he claims, and he in fact repaid the loan and has proof, even if the “family friend” is an agent, I would guess he would be reinstated soon, according to NCAA precedent. Also, bear in mind, the last thing the NCAA wants to do now is harshly punish a high-profile player for violating a rule related to agents that will soon be abolished or at least amended within a few years anyway. And given Maryland and Rutgers are next on Ohio State’s schedule, the biggest effect of a one- or two-game suspension will be on his Heisman Trophy candidacy, rather than the CFB playoff race."  

chase.jpg

Next man up!  Four good ones behind him!

whistleblower.jpg

😂   😂   😂   😂  😂

• Haha 1

If the reporting is accurate about the infraction, I wouldn't expect him to be out more than a game and even though I'm a PSU fan, I hope that's all it is and he's back in and playing soon and when we get to play OSU.  You always want to play the best and that young man is a special player and fun to watch.  One game at a time and today it's Minnesota.  

• Like 1

Lovey Smith and the Fighting Illini come to East Lansing today as a 14 point underdog.  What are gamblers smoking? The Spartans will be lucky to score 14 points period.  I do not predict Sparty covering the spread, if they manage to win at all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Excited to see LSU in Tuscaloosa today, got it recording so there is no chance that I'll miss it.

Then the Wolfpack Homecoming tonight should get spoiled but you can't count it until it happens.

Gonna be interesting to see how "they twist" the reality of #2 or #3 losing this afternoon.

I'd wager that the loser gets put at #4 even if the Tigers keep or increase their winning margin of 32.6 points per game.

The disdain for Clemson rivals political bullya that abounds today.

They don't want a school that hasn't been around as long as the black & gold being a perennial top three team.

It's the fuel for the fire across 85 from Anderson, SC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Gonna be interesting to see how "they twist" the reality of #2 or #3 losing this afternoon.

I'd wager that the loser gets put at #4 even if the Tigers keep or increase their winning margin of 32.6 points per game.

I would hope that the loser would move out of the top 4 and Clemson would be moved up with a win.  Way too early to be upset with initial rankings, a lot of ball to play and huge match ups that will shift things around a lot over the next month.  All Clemson has to do is win and there in, and that doesn't look to be difficult.  Really, they should be pretty healthy and fresh when it's playoff time, given their schedule, but the game with South Carolina can always turn into a wildcard.  

• Like 1