College Football 2019

jimjimbo

It was a great game Jim but my opinion hasn't changed about Franklin and his staff or the QB and the throws he still can't make.  Cliffords ball throwing skill are horrible, but anyone who's watched every game that he played already knew that.  Hopefully, Minnesota will get some respect in next weeks poll.  Back to more recorded games.  

7 minutes ago, Pete H said:

It was a great game Jim but my opinion hasn't changed about Franklin and his staff or the QB and the throws he still can't make.  Cliffords ball throwing skill are horrible, but anyone who's watched every game that he played already knew that.  Hopefully, Minnesota will get some respect in next weeks poll.  Back to more recorded games.  

Surprised you say that about Clifford, I thought he threw a bunch of darts.  Sure, disastrous INTs, but otherwise I thought he was sharp.  But alas, not as sharp as the Gopher QB....... 

Sitting here smirkin watchin Joe Burrow and LSU.  Happy for him down there and if they meet the Buckeyes it's gonna be a real battle.  He's a great kid and a true gunslinger!  A match-up with Fields would be verrrrry interesting!  Have to get there first!  A lotta ball left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Surprised you say that about Clifford, I thought he threw a bunch of darts.  Sure, disastrous INTs, but otherwise I thought he was sharp.  But alas, not as sharp as the Gopher QB....... 

I've watched every throw he's made this year and his long throws are wildly off 80% of the time (look at the interceptions) and he shorts many of the intermediate ones and has no touch on short crossing routes, many of them get deflected.  KJ makes some remarkable adjustments and their TE is fantastic and many times take a bad pass and make it work.  Their QB was going through progressions and throwing it on the money to the open receivers.  He was sharp.  Like you, I hate when my team loses, but I'm really happy for PJ and Minnesota.  

• Like 1

It's observations like that which made me question why Matt Leinart was highly rated.  I thought his passes lacked touch.  He had no finesse no display of real skill.  Well, he didn't last long in the pros.  Sometimes I think we are smarter than the  scouts.  It's like when Yogi Berra said, "you can observe a lot just by watching."

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Like you, I hate when my team loses, but I'm really happy for PJ and Minnesota.  

He's a great coach and can recruit.  I don't think he'll be there too long but maybe.  

Joe Burrow with 464 yards today against Bama?  Ouch!  That Mr. Ohio football title from high school is showing!  Today also showed merit for the Heisman but he hasn't won it yet!

A few thoughts fwiw from Jeff a bit ago:  

Like it or not, and most will not, the finish to the LSU-Alabama game very much leaves alive the possibility the SEC will get two teams in the CFB Playoff once again. It will be more likely with the scenario that LSU beats Georgia to win the conference championship, and Alabama wins out to finish 11-1 with a final win at Auburn. I would think the committee members will contend that the Crimson Tide, with only one five-point loss to LSU, is still one of the four-best teams and would take them over a one-loss Pac-12 champion or one-loss Oklahoma for the No. 4 seed. I’m not saying it is right or what I would do, but I am predicting that’s what the committee will do.

1 minute ago, Dave1290 said:

He's a great coach and can recruit.  I don't think he'll be there too long but maybe.  

Maybe PSU will hire him! :D

I love watching Burrow and I think he's absolutely the front runner for the Heisman and unless there's an injury, I believe he'll be taken at #1 in the draft.  I could be wrong, but we shall see. 

• Like 1