College Football 2019

jimjimbo

Sparty WHY oh WHY have the wheels come off?  They didn't look good at all and Coach's post game presser???  He was totally down and out it seemed to me.  Gotta step it up somehow.  

Harb's looked like he was gonna have the big one he was so happy.  Nov 30th WILL be a showdown up there.  They're home, trying to recover from last year's beatdown and seem to have something coming together.  Patterson won't have the 2 minutes to decide what he wants to do with the ball with our D line and the secondary.  Although they seem decent they don't have the speed.

Charles Woodson (singing) "Hail, hail to Michigan, the victors of " (to Urban Meyer) on Fox at the beginning of the game was classic.  "You know those words, Coach?"
Meyer: "No, I only know 7-0."           Another one bites the dust.  Score Urbs!    

IF OSU makes it into the final 4 you'll see what I mean about speed.  LSU and Clemson are fast, fast and fast!  Gonna have to pick it up.  Today it's just one less game to play.  OSU gave up points in the 4th quarter for the first time this year.  In defense, the second and third stringers were on the field most of the second half.  They're getting their beat down from the starters already I'm sure.  On to Penn State at home next week.  The Predator's back and will be hungry.  Should be a good one!

Tua's injury was heartbreaking to see.  Done and if he's smart he'll stay done.  Just heartbreaking.  Saban will just go with the next man up like most schools do. I've never liked Saban for just that reason.  Had to run it up and get the W.  Only he knows why he left him in though.  They certainly didn't need him imo.  Only guys who are predicted go 1st Round have an option for insurance.  He may well have gone first round and maybe had insurance.  Who knows but it's on Saban and the program now and could come back and bite him on the recruiting trail.  Sad day for Tua though.

• Like 2

Interesting weekend, actually. 

Two unbeatens go down, Baylor and Minnesota.  Baylor knocked Oklahoma all over the place the entire game until the very end.  Great comeback by the Sooners   after being 28-3 down.  That effectively puts the same two teams in the Big 12 championship game in 3 weeks.

Does Alabama deserve to be in the CFP after losing their Heisman candidate QB?  The first 2 quarters with Tao the Tide scored 35.  Without him in the second half they scored three.  That makes it tough for the CFP committee to put 3 SEC teams (Georgia)  in the playoff which really is all us fans want (sarcasm).

LSU as a team is #1, but are they good defensively?  They gave up 37 and Ole Miss on offense went up and down the field all day long.

And doesn't Ohio State stink?  They couldn't even cover the 53 point spread!  (sarcasm intended)  Seriously, the Buckeyes are #1 if they run the table.

The Big 12 won't be in the playoffs but they will be in a lot of bowl games due to 6 win seasons.  So far Oklahoma, Baylor, OK State, Iowa State, Texas, K-State.  TCU should get there after beating WVU the last game of the season in two weeks.  The entire Big 12 conference is going bowling except for WVU, Texas Tech and Kansas.  Not bad.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2019 at 9:20 AM, wvu80 said:

Does Alabama deserve to be in the CFP after losing their Heisman candidate QB?

Good question. IF Alabama goes undefeated the rest of the season they will have one loss to the #1 team in the country by 5 points. Based on that, isn't Alabama likely one of the 4 best? If the Tide doesn't make the playoffs this year it will likely mark the end of a dynasty of sorts. You see, Bama has never NOT been in the playoffs!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

IF Alabama goes undefeated the rest of the season they will have one loss to the #1 team in the country by 5 points.

Based on that, isn't Alabama likely one of the 4 best?

Alabama is an interesting CFP contender.  You're right of course they have a quality loss to the #1 team in the country but as I look at the rest of their schedule they really don't have a signature win over a quality top ten team.  They will not be in the SEC playoff.

I think Alabama needs some style points in their last couple of games, and they need some help from a top 4 team in front of them to lose to get in.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 3:14 PM, EmilC said:

Dear Lord

Please fix the PSU secondary by this Satuarday.

Oh, and a pass rush would be nice also😁

Otherwise, no chance IMHO

I get "one game at a time".....

but I'm looking forward to this game and especially next week!

(to be clear I'm rooting for Ohio State)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I get "one game at a time".....

but I'm looking forward to this game and especially next week!

(to be clear I'm rooting for Ohio State)

So that's why you painted those 510's red.  LOL

To be clear, I'm not, this week or next.  

We Are..................

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

While I would dearly love to see PSU whoop Ohio, I am realistic and don't think it's going to happen.

I'm just shooting for an upset win.  Big point spread, but they've been off the mark on the last few.  Hell, I hope it's as close as the last 3 years and is a great show at least. 

19 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I'm more concerned about the Wolverines trip to Bloomington.

That's for sure going to tell everyone something, just not sure what that something is.

20 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

However, as always.....Go Blue!

Exactly!

• Haha 1

Penn State is stoked and they already had a lil rumble warming up but it's almost time to see what's gonna shake outta this mess.  Gonna be a REAL ball game today for the Buckeyes.   Gonna slip out to the nursing home and watch with my 95 year old mother so I have to be good otherwise I'd be mumbling here. 

Sparty should blow out Rutgers but TTUN?  They better have it together @ IU.  Should pull it off against them though.  I want them nice and comfy for next Saturday in Ann Arbor.  I think they've finally realized that Harb's is gonna Coach and they have to produce.  Simple.  Now the Buckeyes have to stay healthy.

Just know I ❤️ all you haters!  😂  😂 

Hope the oldest daughter enjoys the game sittin in my seats again.  Perfect day for a ball game but on any given day!  GO BUCKS!  

• Like 2