Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
jimjimbo

College Football 2019

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, rplace said:

 

Believe me after UofM letting me down once again against OSU (I'd be fine with them going 1-11 as long as that 1 was the right 1) beating Alabama would be nice. I'll be pulling for them and PSU and Indiana and, and, and...Maybe even OSU. Going down the matchups I predict of the 9 bowl games the B1G comes out on top maybe 3. Auburn v Minnesota, yikes! I can't believe MSU even got a bowl game. I guess these days everyone gets a trophy just for participating so why should this be any different?

You speak the truth.  I will be pulling for all of the big 10 and I do hope that OSU beats Clemson only because I want to see them go head to head with LSU, assuming they handle the Sooners as expected.  I don't even know if we can handle Memphis, nothing against them at all, but I have no clue what the self proclaimed "elite program coach..................not" can do against anyone at this point.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pete H said:

I do hope that OSU beats Clemson

Keep hoping, ain't gonna happen.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Keep hoping, ain't gonna happen.

Bowl season I try to pull for the big 10 as a group, even though I am not really a fan of OSU, I do pull for them when it's bowl time.  What I really want to see out of the bowl games are great games.  I remember when we lost to USC in the Rosebowl and yes, I was disappointed that we lost, it was a hell of a game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Bowl season I try to pull for the big 10 as a group, even though I am not really a fan of OSU, I do pull for them when it's bowl time.  What I really want to see out of the bowl games are great games.  I remember when we lost to USC in the Rosebowl and yes, I was disappointed that we lost, it was a hell of a game.

 

I was at the UofM v PSU 4X OT game dressed head to toe in Michigan garb. I was sitting in PSU alumni season ticket seats. White Out it was. Talk about a great game. That crowd was electric. By the 3rd OT was starting to think of the crowd should PSU lose and me in my "costume". Even I "might" have pulled a bit in my head for PSU down the stretch.

 

I hope just a few of the bowl games are like that. It has the potential to be such a great few days, but typically lots of blowouts is my recollection. I think less bowl games might actually be better….but I know that is not good for the programs or the business of college football.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohio State would have been number 1, but strength of schedule of having to play the losers from Up North hurt us. I am sure the selection committee counts that one every year as a gimme. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, agreen60 said:

Ohio State would have been number 1, but strength of schedule of having to play the losers from Up North hurt us. I am sure the selection committee counts that one every year as a gimme. 

 

Probably what Clemson is thinking right now too?  You Michigan and OSU fans crack me up.  It's great to sit back and listen to the back and forth.  😃

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, agreen60 said:

Ohio State would have been number 1, but strength of schedule of having to play the losers from Up North hurt us. I am sure the selection committee counts that one every year as a gimme. 

 

That said, you know I'm a PSU fan so you don't hate me and I would really like to hear your Chorus 2's at some point since we're both Ohioans.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, agreen60 said:

Ohio State would have been number 1, but strength of schedule of having to play the losers from Up North hurt us. I am sure the selection committee counts that one every year as a gimme. 

 

Strength of schedule?  OSU vs. LSU?  Are you on drugs?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pete H said:

That said, you know I'm a PSU fan so you don't hate me and I would really like to hear your Chorus 2's at some point since we're both Ohioans.  

Hey Pete your more than welcome to hear them anytime. I have 2 pairs of them one pair with Crites updates and one pair without. I'm located near Lima...You??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just outside of Alliance. (Canton is probably more familiar) about 20 miles east of Canton.  There's only a handful of us in Ohio but based on what I've read, would love to hear the Chorus and the Cornwall's side by side.  
 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Strength of schedule?  OSU vs. LSU?  Are you on drugs?

Nope not on drugs....you may want to re-read as what I stated. Maybe you don't understand since your a Xichigan fan. Let me explain since we had to play XICHIGAN, YOU hurt us in our strength of schedule. I mean after 16 out of 17 *** whoopins the committee counts that against us. LOL 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:
1 hour ago, Pete H said:

I do hope that OSU beats Clemson

Keep hoping, ain't gonna happen.

 

Three of the four Heisman finalists on one field.  I wonder if that's ever happened before.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Just outside of Alliance. (Canton is probably more familiar) about 20 miles east of Canton.  There's only a handful of us in Ohio but based on what I've read, would love to hear the Chorus and the Cornwall's side by side.  
 

 

 

Mr. Green is a friend of mine and is bitten with Klipsch love.  :D

 

Roger

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

 

 

Mr. Green is a friend of mine and is bitten with Klipsch love.  :D

 

Roger

OK, now I see what the problem is.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do you college fans also watch NFL?  just curious.  Not a criticism at all, just wondering why so many prefer college ball? I went to see USC once back in the days of Reggie Bush, but i just never really enjoyed the college game -- some college basketball though.

A buddy told me that the NFL is too predictable and the college game isn’t. I don’t understand that ... aren’t there powerhouse schools that are always recruiting the cream of the crop?  Shouldn’t that make the college game more predictable?  Just curious as to what you all see in the game that i don’t.  I am a college dropout, so I have no alma mater to root for. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

OK, now I see what the problem is.

 

 

Just like I saw what the problem was when your Son marched against guns Jimbo, and your Wolverines still suck! Guess the apple don't fall far from the tree.  :D

 

Roger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

 

 

Just like I saw what the problem was when your Son marched against guns Jimbo, and your Wolverines still suck! Guess the apple don't fall far from the tree.  :D

 

Roger

Roger, I think you may have forgotten your medication today, because you obviously don't know what you're talking about.  Go away.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I have no alma mater to root for.

We beat Clemson I'll send ya a Buckeye t-shirt to wear since you need someone to root for.  😂   Think I have a nice new one here I was gonna give to Jimbo to wear for a day in Hope.  But nope, no bet.  Clemson's gonna be tough to beat as is LSU.  I'll opt for the wait and see on this one.

 

Clemson goes empty a lot as they have a ton of receivers. So it will be interesting to see if they use a TE more than usual.  It's gonna take two men to keep this year's Nagurski Award winner n check.  Additionally, IF they start switching him up from his DE spot he could totally screw up their offense cause he's gonna be movin sports fans.  Then we might see a few holding calls on Clemson, which could tame things down a bit.  Any way you look at it it's gonna be tough for OSU.  Then another 2-week wait for the Natty in Nawlins.  Now THAT'S gonna be a partaaaaay if LSU wins!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

do you college fans also watch NFL?  just curious.  Not a criticism at all, just wondering why so many prefer college ball? I went to see USC once back in the days of Reggie Bush, but i just never really enjoyed the college game -- some college basketball though.

A buddy told me that the NFL is too predictable and the college game isn’t. I don’t understand that ... aren’t there powerhouse schools that are always recruiting the cream of the crop?  Shouldn’t that make the college game more predictable?  Just curious as to what you all see in the game that i don’t.  I am a college dropout, so I have no alma mater to root for. 

I watch some NFL, not much during the regular season, but when college is done I start watching NFL more and most playoff games through the Super Bowl.  College ball to me is a different atmosphere than pro, more upbeat and positive (there are exceptions) but I've been to so many games over the years at quite a few different stadiums and there's a lot longer history, more deep rooted traditions and rivalries and to top it off, you get to see these kids coming into a program and developing into the players that will drive the NFL.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Pete H said:

I watch some NFL, not much during the regular season, but when college is done I start watching NFL more and most playoff games through the Super Bowl.  College ball to me is a different atmosphere than pro, more upbeat and positive (there are exceptions) but I've been to so many games over the years at quite a few different stadiums and there's a lot longer history, more deep rooted traditions and rivalries and to top it off, you get to see these kids coming into a program and developing into the players that will drive the NFL.  

 

If the Ohio State coaching staff coached the Browns they would be 12 and 0.

JJK

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...