Right Channel Completely Dead

Catch1

I've used the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX system for many years and loved it.  However, the right channel on my system has stopped outputting any sound.  That includes to both the pod and the sub-woofer.  I have verified this by swapping wires on the back of the sub-woofer and by also swapping the wires from the sub-woofer to the pods.  Both pods work fine.  

I've also used the audio balance on my computer to isolate each channel.  When I push the balance all the way to the left, the left pod is outputting sound and the sub-woofer is thumping away.  When I push the balance all the way to the right, both the pod and the sub-woofer are silent.

Can anyone suggest something I can check on my system to determine where the failure is happening?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
On 8/21/2019 at 11:34 AM, Catch1 said:

I've used the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX system for many years and loved it.  However, the right channel on my system has stopped outputting any sound.  That includes to both the pod and the sub-woofer.  I have verified this by swapping wires on the back of the sub-woofer and by also swapping the wires from the sub-woofer to the pods.  Both pods work fine.  

I've also used the audio balance on my computer to isolate each channel.  When I push the balance all the way to the left, the left pod is outputting sound and the sub-woofer is thumping away.  When I push the balance all the way to the right, both the pod and the sub-woofer are silent.

Can anyone suggest something I can check on my system to determine where the failure is happening?

Thanks.

Hey, 

Did you ever figure out what the issue was with this?? I ask because as of late I am having the same issue. The right channel is not completely dead but the volume is significantly lower than the left. I have done the same as you and even tried different sources to see if it was maybe something with my sound-card in my pc. Unfortunately I am thinking its just an issue with the satellite and will have to be replaced. I wish I could just buy the single speaker though rather than the whole set.